Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bluetooth intercom  (Read 800 times)

Offline Burnside

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Rally
Bluetooth intercom
« on: July 20, 2020, 06:05:53 PM »
Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth headset that works well with the new tiger 900 setup I just need basic turn by turn music and pillion but do want good sound quality
What can you suggest please

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
Re: Bluetooth intercom
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 06:40:44 PM »
I don't have personal experience with this unit, but the Cardo Packtalk Bold seems to be winning the Cardo/Sena dogfight i.t.o. performance - no idea if/what price differential.
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 07:01:22 PM »
The Wife and I use Cardo pack talk bold bike to bike and rider to pillion, the only issue we've come across and could be a set up issue/ finger trouble is that when were are connected to each other the phone based GPS announcements are very quiet even with all the individual volumes turned up in the Cardo app. With no communications connection the announcements are fine,
This may differ if connecting via the Tiger 900 bluetooth so can not comment on that particular setup.

Otherwise a great setup and ~8 hours battery life.

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 10:30:19 PM »
We have used Sena (20S) units for years issue free and reliable. I now also have a Sena SRL fitted into my Neotec 2 helmet and that also works flawlessly.
If you only want bike to rider and rider to pillion or rider to partner on another bike communications basically anything you buy today will work okay. Many of the newer models like for example the Cardo Packtalk have lists of features a mile long that you will never ever use but you will pay for.

Online fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 09:25:11 AM »
I have a Sena 10S works great sounds great. I use ear buds with it though as they sound much better. You can also get a different mic kit for it to do away with the boom mic.

Offline JonesTheBass

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xrt
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 05:38:37 PM »
Cardo Freecom 4+, most of the Packtalk Bold functionality but cheaper...I'm loving mine.  JBL speakers.
Check out the Fortnine reviews of Cardo vs. Sena.

Offline Bikerjimbob

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xca
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 10:02:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
I have a Sena 10S works great sounds great. I use ear buds with it though as they sound much better. You can also get a different mic kit for it to do away with the boom mic.

Hi,
Any chance of a bit more info on the different mic kit to do away with the boom mic
 :031: Jim

Offline penry

• Tiger Pro
  • No solution is insurmountable...
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCA '19
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 05:30:21 AM »
Cardo packtalk slim here, had it a few months. Voice activated phone calls, music /radio on off and I use the mobile for directions from google maps if I need them. The set fades the constant stream of Northern Soul feeding my ears out to receive a direction from maps then back in until the next turn. It has an option in the kit to use either boom or non boom microphone. Both work just fine. You will have to toggle the settings to get it to understand your commands a bit ( talk too loud or too soft and it will ignore you but get it set up to respond to the volume of your voice and its pretty much perfect ).
All day battery life for me but not used rider to passenger comms yet.
Love mine.
Campsite Clouseau.

Offline Rick B

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 XRT
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 06:04:08 AM »
Interphone Avant for me and her, Pretty much the same spec as the cardo and you can get the stubby mic set for modular lids
The Perfect Woman,
A deaf and dumb nymphomaniac that runs an off-licence!

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 06:13:39 AM »
I'm thinking of getting a Bluetooth headset to negate the need to stop and talk to my mates when touring mostly. A couple of them already have Sena devices so would I be better getting a sena to aid rider to rider communication or do all makes link up together just as easily anyway?

Recent Topics