Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bluetooth intercom  (Read 827 times)

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Bluetooth intercom
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 06:24:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by coddy [+]
I'm thinking of getting a Bluetooth headset to negate the need to stop and talk to my mates when touring mostly. A couple of them already have Sena devices so would I be better getting a sena to aid rider to rider communication or do all makes link up together just as easily anyway?

Save yourself a load of pain and get a Sena
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 06:29:58 AM »
Given the OPs requirement for a basic setup with good audio, I'd be looking at something from the lower end of the Cardo range as they have a standard 3.5mm stereo jack for the speakers (the ones I've seen anyway)
This would give the opportunity to upgrade the speakers to something like the UClear digital pulse units if required.
Sena use a proprietary plug for theirs
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 06:34:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Save yourself a load of pain and get a Sena

- see a recent comparison between the 2 pieces of kit

wish both these OEMs would make a headset with a universal ear/mic jack so that you can use whatever kit works best for you AND adopt a universal inter-connectivity standard so that different makes of headsets can link up via MESH or BT
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2020, 06:36:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Q [+]
- see a recent comparison between the 2 pieces of kit

wish both these OEMs would make a headset with a universal ear/mic jack so that you can use whatever kit works best for you AND adopt a universal inter-connectivity standard so that different makes of headsets can link up via MESH or BT

His mates all have Sena, hence the recommendation to do the same, regardless of what comes out best in comparisons
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2020, 07:57:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by coddy [+]
do all makes link up together just as easily anyway?

Theoretically they should all communicate via Bluetooth but in practice there are combinations that don't like each other. That could be as simple as which firmware version a device is using causing the problem but you don't know until you try to connect two individual headsets together. If you have no preference and your mates have Senas then Sena would be the safest bet.

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 08:26:57 AM »
I've been using a Sena smh5 for 8 years. No problems and very basic, simple model.

Offline Kennydies

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tracer 900 GT
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 03:58:31 PM »
I, my wife and 3 friend all use the cardo bold (mesh network)  Never had an issue and just works once the initial set up is done. 

There is no substitute for buying something that meets all your requirements...

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 04:17:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kennydies [+]
There is no substitute for buying something that meets all your requirements...

amen to that - I'm happy to pay a premium and expect the kit to work the way it's supposed to and not have me faffing around with pairing and settings all the time

that said, I've also been using an ancient Sena SMH5 for ever and it does what it is supposed to do without any hassles
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Recent Topics