Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Off road mode  (Read 405 times)

Offline Kerryman

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger xrx
Off road mode
« on: July 22, 2020, 03:24:46 PM »
Went for a spin yesterday on the xrx 2015,the satnav was set to adventure route, it brought me up a mountain route that was covered with loose stones and grass in the middle, the bike handled it fairly well, but was wondering if I should have set it to off road settings. The bike was sliding all over the place especially going down hill.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Off road mode
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 03:36:02 PM »
Wouldn't make a huge difference unless you know what you are doing.  Anyway why worry you managed it  :028:
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Kerryman

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 03:43:25 PM »
Cheers KildareMan, was nervous as heck, but the bike handled it alright, was thinking of changing it, but it's such a great alrounder, I'll hold on to it.

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 04:14:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kerryman [+]
Cheers KildareMan, was nervous as heck, but the bike handled it alright, was thinking of changing it, but it's such a great alrounder, I'll hold on to it.

no better vote of confidence for the bike - it can only get better from here as you up your skills - the bike can certainly do it  :152:
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Kerryman

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 04:56:27 PM »
 I go up mountain passes all the tme, but this road was more of a walking trail with gates to be opened, I was getting some strange looks from all the walkers  :001:

Online chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 12:13:09 AM »
The Offroad Mode and better yet, Offroad Pro are ideal settings for that type of road/track. Many advantage like rear wheel lock, no traction control on the gnarly bits so you can dig in, direct throttle-to-wheel feel, no ABS, etc. Suggest you ride the track again in Offroad Pro and compare. I think you will be a convert.
(I'm referring to my XCX, assume your model has those modes)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:15:12 AM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 01:51:23 AM »
The two problems with off road mode on the XRX are that the silly traction control light or ABS light flashes almost continually and that you need to remember to reset it after every time to stop the engine. I rarely use it and haven't noticed any real ill effects when I have not had it on going downhill. The only real use is going uphill over bad stutter bumps (where the road surface looks like waves caused by braking and acceleration). Without off road mode being switched on the traction control continually cuts the engine for fractions of a section and that can be a bit scary if its steep and you are in first gear.
There is no Off Road Pro on XRX.

Offline suffolktiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 18 Tiger XCA
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 08:13:38 AM »
On the later model, the off road is pure witch craft, allows slides and wheels slip making you appear a lot better than you are!
It also dulls the abs to and off-road setting.

The off-road pro, turns it all off, though you can configure it too, so I leave off-road abs on the front as you can grab handfuls off brake before it kicks in. This is how they set up the bikes at the off road centre in Wales for whats it worth.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch