Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New 900: Does it still need the Madstad screen? And suitability for shortarses  (Read 631 times)

Offline Psychopasta

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Hello again,

I used to have a Tiger 800 Roadie, the original 2011 version in Venom Yellow. Lovely bike, but the screen was dreadful which led me to replace it with a fugly but effective MadStad. Over the years, recommending the fugly Madstad to new owners became almost a running gag on this forum.

So, how does the 900 do on the screen front?

Also, I am a registered shortarse, and even with lowering links and the custom seat I was only marginal in the vertical direction. I read that the new one is much improved, any fellow shortarses care to comment?

- Pasta

Offline Colinhitch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
I had an XCA, now a Rally Pro.  I have the screen on its highest setting and have no turbulence whatsoever, whereas I did have some on the XCA.

Offline vic20

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: tiger 900
I too am of normal Hight and find the screen on my 900 low very noisy. The screen on my old 800 low was so much better for me. The 900 is so bad I have adapted my old 1600 thunderbird screen and fastened that on. The seat on the 900 low for me felt like a lump of plywood with sharp corners so had to replace with the GT Pro. Its better but doesn't suit me as well as my old 800 did.

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
Had the 900 pro for a week and done 400 miles, the screen is set to its highest position and I find it very good, the seat is a little hard but I am sure with age it will mould it self to me.

Offline ccmp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015 800 xca
I had the madstad on my 2013 and then on my 2015 xca. It has spoilt me totally wrt other bikes. Picked up a 1995 BMW 1100gs last year and spent 150 on a mra screen. Took it off yesterday and spent the day making the madstad from my tiger fit the BMW. Total difference today going to work. Visor up no turbulence.

Offline Psychopasta

• Tiger Master
Yep, visor-up-no-turbulence is what I'm looking for. I got that with my old Tiger and the Madstad

Offline ianh

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900
Had a Tiger 900 for about 3 weeks. I'm about 5' 10" and have to have the seat on the lowest position. With the screen on the highest position, the wind comes round the side of the screen and batters the sides of my helmet around my ears. I really miss my Madstad from my previous bike. I keep checking their web site to see when they are going to make one for the 900

Offline Psychopasta

• Tiger Master
{sigh} I guess screens are designed for looks not function on the Tiger team at Triumph. That's been an issue since the very first Tiger.

Offline ianh

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900
No different to Honda - their screen was just as useless, until I got the Madstad

Offline Psychopasta

• Tiger Master
True enough. If there wasn't anything to farkle I guess I'd get bored...

Recent Topics

winded-staunch