Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

Brembo vs EBC brake pads any advice

(1/5) > >>

Djairouks:
I did a muscled 2 up alpine pass and going down I was a bit scared sometimes, the braking is
okay but initial bite not good enough, especially compared to my Yami, needed to anticipate a
bit too much for my taste.

I can either source the EBC double H sintered pads, that I've seen advised by many here, but
the Brembo are half the price of the EBC in Switzerland, these would be Brembo 07BB04SA,
anyone had a chance to compare or use the Brembos !?

D6864:
I'm using the Brembo pads, definitely an improvement in bite over the originals but not a huge one; got more benefit from caliper and piston servicing. Haven't tried EBC.

Djairouks:
Originally Posted by D6864 I'm using the Brembo pads, definitely an improvement in bite over the originals but not a huge one; got more benefit from caliper and piston servicing. Haven't tried EBC.

Good the Brembo were finally the only ones I managed to source, for a quarter of the price of
other brands.
Thanks for the feedback !

Tallpaul:
EBC HH are my go to brake pad. Instant improvement to any system.

Djairouks:
Originally Posted by Tallpaul EBC HH are my go to brake pad. Instant improvement to any system.

Unfortunately, EBC is now distributed by a shop who only sells them to dealerships, I can't buy them
without paying 2x the price, so to hell with that.
2 pairs of EBC would have cost me 130 without shipping, the 2 brembo pairs were 45, insane !

Since the Brembo aren't bad, at least not 3 times worse than EBC, didn't feel to pay premium.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version