Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Looking for a switched live feed  (Read 1588 times)

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Ducati
Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Looking for a switched live feed
« on: July 29, 2020, 01:28:31 PM »
Has anyone identified a suitable switched live ?  I've just purchased a Garmin XT, and may just wire it to the battery for now until I fit a PDM60, so interested in finding a switched live feed.

RBW.

Offline Number14

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Looking for a switched live feed
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »

Thanks, It's a 900, but looking at the part numbers for the alarm on Triumphs website and the alarm fitting instruction manual I 'think' it may be the same set up.  Need to remove the rear seat and have a prod about (and maybe remove the phone charging box) to see if I can find the alarm lead.  I've had a Triumph Tracker fitted (not alarm), so need to check this hasn't used the same feed.

Thanks, will report back.

RBW.

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 08:52:06 AM »
I have the gt pro which has a auxiliary socket next to the seat key lock, its difficult to get to, I connected my accessories to the rear of that socket which is a live switched feed.
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 06:04:08 PM »
If you have the phone charging compartment under the rear seat you could piggy back onto the live lead for the phone charger.Easy to get at, remove the four bolts and tilt to one side. The green wire is the switched live. Be aware though that it is only live whilst the engine is running(the accessory socket next the seat lock is also the same).
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 07:27:00 PM »
Thanks fastnfat, given the link posted by Number14 above I'm keen to follow the solution as in that post, as it means no splicing or cutting into wires, just using an existing socket.  Having researched the 900 Alarm fitment (which I dont have), there will be the same socket under the phone charging compartment on the right hand side.

I was going to use the heated rear seat as that connection is about 4 inches away from where I intend to mount the PDM60 (on the tray over the battery under the riders seat) and must be a switched live as it only works with the bike ignition turned on, but if I can avoid splicing this connection by using the alarm socket I will.

RBW.

*Originally Posted by fastnfat [+]
If you have the phone charging compartment under the rear seat you could piggy back onto the live lead for the phone charger.Easy to get at, remove the four bolts and tilt to one side. The green wire is the switched live. Be aware though that it is only live whilst the engine is running(the accessory socket next the seat lock is also the same).

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 04:49:36 AM »
The green wire is the switched live. Be aware though that it is only live whilst the engine is running.

That is what switched live means.
These are the easiest things to use if anybody wants to tap into a switched live wire.

https://www.posi-products.com/posiplug.html

When you sell the bike just unscrew them and put a dab of superglue on the hole in the switched live wire to seal it. Nobody will ever see it.

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 09:09:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
These are the easiest things to use if anybody wants to tap into a switched live wire.

When you sell the bike just unscrew them and put a dab of superglue on the hole in the switched live wire to seal it. Nobody will ever see it.

I thought switched live meant when ignition is switched on its live silly me for not realising 😜🤭
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 10:39:18 PM »
I thought switched live meant when ignition is switched on its live ......

Correct. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 11:00:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]

Which one is the correct one to use to tap into the Tiger rear light?
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Recent Topics