Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 Tiger Megameet Update  (Read 127 times)

Offline dallewed

• Tiger Master
  • Today is the correct time to do things
  • Bike: BMW R1250 GSA
2020 Tiger Megameet Update
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:43:19 AM »
With all the focus now on the eagerly-awaited 2021 Tiger Megameet in Frankfurt, I have a bit of news with regard to the 2020 event.

Yesterday, Martin, Tom, Nigel and I reccied the route one further time. Despite a small amount of rain, the sun actually came out and we welcomed some lovely scenery....It was great to ride freely again.

HOTEL:
I have spoken the The Metropole in Llandrindod Wells and they are reopening on the 3rd August. They are still expecting the event to go ahead, subject to further relaxation/reintroduction of Covid-19 restrictions. The hotel advised of the following bookings:

Thomas Hanson - 2 nights - 1 person
Mr Matthew Heald - 2 nights - 1 person
Alex Girdlestone - 2 nights - 1 person
Mr Iain Beckett - 3 nights - 1 person
Steve Pope - 3 nights - 1 person
Stewart Gregory - 2 nights - 1 person
Mr Dai Llewellyn Edwards - 2 nights - 2 people (Annie)
Steve Robinson - 2 nights - 2 people - (Debbie)
Justin McEvoy - 2 nights - 2 people (Kerrie)
Mark Amiss - 2 nights - 1 person
Martin Ricketts - 2 nights - 1 person
Mr Ulrich Wanner-Laufe - 2 nights - 1 person
Richard Rider - 2 nights - 2 people (Sarah)
Andy O'Gorman - 2 nights - 1 person
Andrew Draper - 2 nights - 2 people
Mr Provis - 2 nights - 1 person
Mr Andrew Morgan - 2 nights - 1 person
Nigel Thompson - 2 nights - 1 person
Bernard Wright - 1 night - 2 people (Ann)
Mr  Bownds - 2 nights - 1 person
Geoff Simon - 2 nights - 1 person

The hotel have assured me that there will be social distancing rules in place of 1 metre plus in the restaurant. However, in view of the need to social distance, Tom, Martin and I feel it prudent to, in this instance, cancel the evening speeches and presentation by Blood Bike Wales.

TEA & PEE STOPS:
We were able to visit the planned Tea and Pee stops yesterday and they were open, albeit outside only. Their plans are to open inside too from Monday 3rd August. They are happy for us to attend as planned (within the remit of the current guidelines).

LUNCH STOP: Again, we were able to visit yesterday and they catered for us outside. They too are happy to accommodate us for lunch during the ride. One thing to note - ideally the stop will be as close to 1 hour as possible, so if okay with everyone, lunch could be limited to a light lunch????

T-SHIRTS:
Please follow the thread set up by T800XC

WHAT TO DO NOW:
*Please can you review the list of attendees and if your circumstances have changed and you cannot attend, please indicate on the list
*Please let me know of any changes

Covid -19 instructions are ever-changing. The number 1 goal is that you stay safe, keep well and avoid the potential to spread the virus. At the moment the Megameet is going ahead, but watch this space............

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:55:51 AM by dallewed »
Triumph Scrambler - Pacific Blue Jan 2016 - 2019
BMW R1200 GSA 2017 to 2019
Explorer - Blue 2013 to 2017
Tiger 800 XC - Orange 2011 - 2013
Sidney the Kidney 25 on 29th Jan 2016

Recent Topics

winded-staunch