Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front suspension confusion - 2019 XRt  (Read 180 times)

Offline norboy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2019 XRt
Front suspension confusion - 2019 XRt
« on: August 02, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »
Ive found the front suspension too hard on my recently acquired 2019 XRt. I suspect it is on original factory settings. I weigh 11-1/2 stone.

Anyway I set about altering this to comfort setting as per the handbook but did not read the text as carefully as I should have - oops!

In simple terms I set the black knobs at the top of each fork leg to 12 clicks (or three complete turns) back from the fully clockwise position. I then looked to do the rebound settings and then thought hmmmmn.

Rereading the handbook it seems me the spring preload adjustment should be undertaken solely by adjusting the knob at the top of the right hand forkleg and the the rebound damping adjustment should be solely by adjusting the knob at the top of the left leg ?

This is my first bike with adjustable forks ( poor excuse I know ) andId be grateful if someone could clarify what is right before I proceed further.

Thanks,

Norboy

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
Re: Front suspension confusion - 2019 XRt
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 04:46:35 PM »
I don't think preload is adjustable on the XRT front forks, just rebound damping, on one of the legs and compression damping on the other,.
I too weigh 11 1/2 stone, I tried 12 clicks out for comfort as the front is too hard on 6 compared to the rear.
I've settled on 9 for both front adjusters for solo riding without luggage which suits me.

Offline norboy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2019 XRt
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 04:53:58 PM »
Thanks Boldie, very useful. You are of course right it is compression and rebound adjustments on the front forks.

As you did,Ill try 12 clicks on each and then see if 9 is better.

Online fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 05:59:29 PM »
Would deffo check your tire pressure first if you haven't done so already with a reliable gauge.

Recent Topics