Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TigerTool for OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth  (Read 573 times)

Offline Dagwin86

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: TigerXRX 800
TigerTool for OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth
« on: August 05, 2020, 09:59:21 AM »
I would like to reset the service wrench on my Tiger XRX 800 (2018) and I've read a few threads about the TigerTool.
Where can I download this software? I've read threads that state "the download link is at the end of this post", but have not been able to find a link.
I have a OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth adapter which works with Car scanner and EOBD Facile but would much prefer the added functionality that I've read about TigerTool.
Please advise.

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
Re: TigerTool for OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 12:49:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dagwin86 [+]
I would like to reset the service wrench on my Tiger XRX 800 (2018) and I've read a few threads about the TigerTool.
Where can I download this software? I've read threads that state "the download link is at the end of this post", but have not been able to find a link.
I have a OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth adapter which works with Car scanner and EOBD Facile but would much prefer the added functionality that I've read about TigerTool.
Please advise.

Search is your friend but seeing as this is your first time, you get a hall pass this one time :-)

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,28260.0.html
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Dagwin86

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 07:03:31 AM »
Thanks Tiger Pro.
I have downloaded V3.0 and found appropriate USB-Serial drivers.
It seems that my OBD2 ELM327 adapter is not compatible.
TigerTool finds it and attempts to initialise it, then reports that OBD interface is disconnected.
I only paid $18 for the OBD2 device so I think it must be a cheap clone. I will research for a genuine ELM327.

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 07:14:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dagwin86 [+]
It seems that my OBD2 ELM327 adapter is not compatible.
TigerTool finds it and attempts to initialise it, then reports that OBD interface is disconnected.
I only paid $18 for the OBD2 device so I think it must be a cheap clone. I will research for a genuine ELM327.

yip - had the same problem with some cheap Chinese knock-offs - found the Foxwell ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth unit eventually and that connected straight-away - bit more pricey than the others but well worth it as it seems to have decent internals
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Dagwin86

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 02:42:07 AM »
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch