Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service by Muddysump  (Read 1220 times)

Offline althegog

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Service by Muddysump
« on: August 05, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »
Had my 2014 bike serviced today by Muddysump.
 Excellent service and I would highly recommend him. :047:

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
Re: Service by Muddysump
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 09:07:01 AM »
I would be reluctant to take my T800XCA to the average Triumph service centre but MuddySump would definitely be someone I would trust to do the imminent 12k service. I thought he was based in the NE and so would be interested in how you got your T800 serviced by him given where you live?
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Offline althegog

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »
He travels the country servicing Triumphs. More information can be found on his web site muddysump.com  :031:

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 11:37:31 AM »
He cant service the 2018/19 Tiger 800s or the Tiger 900 because he doesnt have the software to deal with the latest bikes. Its the only downside to having bought my 2019 XRt in that I will now have to use my local dealer instead of entrusting the job to David.

Obviously, he doesnt make a long journey to an area to service just one bike so you may need to wait until he has enough work in your area to make it worth his while to come there. I am lucky in that I live fairly close to his home address so I was always able to get him to service my bike while he was taking his summer break at home.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:48:39 AM by Fazer »

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »
Fortunately, mine is a 2017 XCA and so should be ok. However, I'm planning to leave it till the Autumn to get the first 12k service done and may contact MuddySump nearer the time to see how he's then fixed for visiting my area (OXON).

Offline Wight Biker

• Tiger Pro
  • Never too old to ride.....
  • Bike: Tiger 800 R
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 04:25:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by awjdthumper [+]
Fortunately, mine is a 2017 XCA and so should be ok. However, I'm planning to leave it till the Autumn to get the first 12k service done and may contact MuddySump nearer the time to see how he's then fixed for visiting my area (OXON).
David gets booked up well in advance and plans his routes accordingly to make the most out of his trips. You are best contacting him now and asking if he is likely to be coming your way between now and winter. He is brilliant at his job and well worth having your service a bit early or late to fit in his travels.

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 05:10:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wight Biker [+]
David gets booked up well in advance and plans his routes accordingly to make the most out of his trips. You are best contacting him now and asking if he is likely to be coming your way between now and winter. He is brilliant at his job and well worth having your service a bit early or late to fit in his travels.

Good advice Wight Biker. As you said, David plans his routes well in advance and youd have to be very fortunate to get his schedule to coincide with your location at short notice. Just send him an email awjdthumper to let him know your approximate timing requirements and your location. He usually responds fairly quickly and hopefully you can get a date booked in that suits you. Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 05:19:50 PM by Fazer »

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 07:45:27 PM »
For various practical reasons, I will need to wait until the Autumn before having the 12k service done but will contact MuddySump to see if he's likely to be in OXON sometime over the winter.

Offline don085

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 08:05:33 PM »
Was lucky enough to have Vincent come round and service the bike today, aided by his trusty assistant Muddysump (AKA David) It may have been the other way around but I am sure it was Vincent "barking the orders". Totally agree with the OP, MuddySump has serviced my 2012 Roadie annually since 2016 and he is the only person I totally trust my bike with! Thanks again David & Vincent and I hopefully look forward to seeing you both again next year.

Offline julianhj

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 08:15:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by don085 [+]
Was lucky enough to have Vincent come round and service the bike today, aided by his trusty assistant Muddysump (AKA David) It may have been the other way around but I am sure it was Vincent "barking the orders". Totally agree with the OP, MuddySump has serviced my 2012 Roadie annually since 2016 and he is the only person I totally trust my bike with! Thanks again David & Vincent and I hopefully look forward to seeing you both again next year.

You might be near(-ish) to me, as David is servicing my bike tomorrow.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch