Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Travel to Ireland from UK during f**king Covid  (Read 516 times)

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Travel to Ireland from UK during f**king Covid
« on: August 09, 2020, 06:37:13 PM »
In short don't unless essential travel.

[rant]  While Ireland is on the UK green list, meaning you don't need to isolate on return to UK, the UK is NOT on our (Ireland's) green list, meaning on arrival in Ireland you need to isolate for 2 weeks period. Same applies if I travel to UK for any reason. On return I would have to isolate for 2 weeks.

Getting fecked off with the number of UK registration driving around the place. The welcome is wearing a little thin here now. And if you're American on a visit. Why?  There's a fecking pandemic on.

[/rant]
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Travel to Ireland from UK during f**king Covid
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 07:01:28 PM »
Travel via the North
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 07:10:26 PM »
We can tell the difference between a NI reg and a UK reg  :028:

Online Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 08:17:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]

[rant]  While Ireland is on the UK green list, meaning you don't need to isolate on return to UK, the UK is NOT on our (Ireland's) green list, meaning on arrival in Ireland you need to isolate for 2 weeks period. Same applies if I travel to UK for any reason. On return I would have to isolate for 2 weeks.

Getting fecked off with the number of UK registration driving around the place. The welcome is wearing a little thin here now. And if you're American on a visit. Why?  There's a fecking pandemic on.

[/rant]

Don't worry, I've cancelled my holiday again. I should be on the ferry to Rosslare tomorrow.

I've been booking and cancelling since 1st May.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 09:15:08 PM »
We can tell the difference between a NI reg and a UK reg  :028:

Plenty of folk in the North have GB regs
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Online tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 06:34:51 PM »
I'm surprised Arlene didn't throw her toys out of the pram because Norn Iron is being treated differently to the rest of the UK.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 10:01:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Plenty of folk in the North have GB regs

As any other part of the UK when a car sells the reg stays with it. So any 2nd hand car going to NI will retain it's "mainland" reg.

Offline NORTY

• Tiger Master
  • RiderCoach
  • Bike: 2012 800XC
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 04:58:07 PM »
Kinda interested in the "North 500," but that ain't hapnin' until this crap is delt with properly. 
MSF RIDERCOACH (RETIRED!) :)

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 05:17:52 PM »

[/rant]

It's a pandemic tat you can't actually see, so my view is that "some" of the population don't accept they are in danger or worse still, that they may be passing on the Covid virus.
As someone living in the USA l see the dipsticks in Florida, NYC, California etc having beach & bar parties & discussing why is this pandemic so prevalent here? (US translation is " WTF dude, I'm not feeling good, get me another margarita!")

I travel alot, both internal USA & Europe & Asia, & l can't tell you how fkin frustrated l am at what (by the Chinese?) is happening tp our World rigt now, & the fact that l can't go to distant shores & get drunk in as many bars as possible! ;-)  :031:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch