Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 TFT Display  (Read 458 times)

Offline Dagwin86

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: TigerXRX 800
Tiger 800 TFT Display
« on: August 11, 2020, 01:20:23 AM »
Hey Guys, I am the proud owner of a Tiger 800 XRX (2019 model) and my TFT display has developed a surface blister in the to right corner.
Triumph are replacing it under warranty (when the parts arrive in 12 weeks) because, they say it is delaminating.
Does anyone know if this is a known problem or am I just the unlucky one?
My concern is that if I was paying for it, it would be around $2,500 - they are replacing the whole dash!
I am hoping this is a one off!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Tiger 800 TFT Display
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 02:39:33 AM »
It is definitely worth keeping an eye on but I have not heard of the problem before.
Most likely the screens are made by a third party electronics company. It is quite possible that the same company makes screens for all sorts of motorcycle manufacturers so it could be worth watching out on the wider Internet to see if the issue crops up elsewhere.

Offline Dagwin86

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: TigerXRX 800
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 10:05:48 AM »
Yep, I'll definitely keep an eye on it. I am hoping that this bike will be as reliable as my Susuki 650 Vstrom that I sold with 85,000kms on the clock (6 years old).
Nothing went wrong on it - just replaced wear stuff, chains and sprockets and tyres.
The tiger is nicer to ride - the triple engine is the best, and having cruise control is great as I like to do long trips.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 12:14:42 PM »
Nothing is a reliable as a V-Strom 650 especially not a Tiger.

Recent Topics