Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 16 or 17 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET?  (Read 5142 times)

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: 16 or 17 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET?
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 07:41:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Neogas [+]
Definitely saving fuel and vibes.

By the way.....I passed through Neuchtel today and saw two Tiger XRTs (17-on) one blue and one red! No luggage so I guess they were local. Many around there?

That's because the dealership is in the city, I guess you go to Lausanne's dealer.
Hey we should do a Tiger gang and meet for a ride  :300:.

Offline Neogas

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 01:11:19 AM »
I use the Neuchtel dealer, although I bought the Tiger in Zrich.
"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."
― Anonymous

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 TT800XRT
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2020, 01:54:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Neogas [+]
I am running 17/50 (standard rear) and it improves highway riding enough for me and I find that 50/80kmh runs have changed little. I use 2nd gear more than 3rd than I used to in villages but only if its dropping below 40, etc. But at 80kmh cruising I am still in 5th and able to pass slower traffic safely. At 120kmh its okay to overtake in 6th

Got my 17/50 plus DID X ring chain fitted on Tuesday, just waiting for the heatwave to pass and get some km`s behind me

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2020, 03:27:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveTT800XRT [+]
Got my 17/50 plus DID X ring chain fitted on Tuesday, just waiting for the heatwave to pass and get some km`s behind me

Was is a straightforward job & did you also use the old locking washer because l forgot to order one with my 2 sprockets & chain that will arrive soon???

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 03:42:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Britigerider [+]
Was is a straightforward job & did you also use the old locking washer because l forgot to order one with my 2 sprockets & chain that will arrive soon???

I took mine to a garage, they did indeed use the original locking washer & nut, out of the chain 3 links were removed and then connected, everything was cleaned up and put back in its place. Back wheel was replaced and then the chain was pulled out screws  finger tight, then by using a laser light he controlled all the links, so that the chain was not on skiwiffy, adjustment screws tightened and again the chain was checked to make sure it was not out of alignment, then everything was tightened up, I was told to come back over 500 kms for control, but I`m going to Germany on the 10 september, so don`t know if I will manage the 500, made an appointment for check up on the 8th or 9th to just pop in for a quick check up.

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 03:58:04 PM »
I`m going to Germany on the 10 september,

How are cross border travel restrictions at the moment in Europe Steve???

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2020, 04:06:11 PM »
The U.K is clamping down on the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain & Portugal, if you are from one of those countries going to the U.K then its 14 days quarantine. Going the other way from like where I live in the Netherlands, its pretty good, lots of controls and checkups, unfortunately quite a few positive corona results, but thats mostly YOUNG tourists (20+) coming back from gigantic pissups in Ibiza and the like. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the motor holiday is september.

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 04:11:48 PM »
The U.K is clamping down on the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain & Portugal, if you are from one of those countries going to the U.K then its 14 days quarantine. Going the other way from like where I live in the Netherlands, its pretty good, lots of controls and checkups, unfortunately quite a few positive corona results, but thats mostly YOUNG tourists (20+) coming back from gigantic pissups in Ibiza and the like. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the motor holiday is september.
So if l came from the USA to Manchester airport, how would they impose this "quarantine" thing that you mention?

PS, it most definitely (& unfortunately) won't have settled down by September mate, just got to hope you don't contract it (although l hear it's no worse than the flu for healthy people, & some people have a resistance to the virus also!)

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
So if l came from the USA to Manchester airport, how would they impose this "quarantine" thing that you mention?

PS, it most definitely (& unfortunately) won't have settled down by September mate, just got to hope you don't contract it (although l hear it's no worse than the flu for healthy people, & some people have a resistance to the virus also!)

Travel a lot to Germany, family, if you use the shops you have to wear a face mask. If you went to Manchester from Stateside.............................guess they`d lock you up and throw away the key mate :001: :001:
Scotland is great riding and the Lake district, Yorkshire dales, so many fantastic places to ride and views to see, countless.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »

Seeing a 40Yo colleague that was perfectly healthy, contract a severe case, going on a respirator for
about a month and have now some weird motor skills issues and maybe nerve damage, you honestly
cannot know how it will respond if you catch it.
Heard more cases like this, that people have long months of reeducation and maybe lifelong after-effect,
the people comparing to flu are  a bit dillusional, even if this is 20% of infected, the question are you
willing to bet it will by like a flu...

My country (Switzerland) says we should not travel to, Belgium, Sweden and Norway, there were some
clusters lately, the rest of Europe still has cases, but it's quite constant now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 04:23:35 PM by Djairouks »

Recent Topics