Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 16 or 17 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET?  (Read 5141 times)

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS
Re: 16 or 17 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET?
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 04:24:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveTT800XRT [+]
Scotland is great riding and the Lake district, Yorkshire dales, so many fantastic places to ride and views to see, countless.
Been there, done that, but l would like to do the Ring of Kerry, or the full west coast of lreland, but l can't get a forecast on which day of the year it isn't raining! :008:

Seriously though, l WILL rent a bike & travel the lower eastern countries of Europe when all this Coronacrap has ended, like Bulgaria, Slovenia, Ukraine,etc before my toes curl up.
(when you get to my age mate, time is of the essence!)

Offline Neogas

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 04:55:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveTT800XRT [+]
The U.K is clamping down on the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain & Portugal, if you are from one of those countries going to the U.K then its 14 days quarantine. Going the other way from like where I live in the Netherlands, its pretty good, lots of controls and checkups, unfortunately quite a few positive corona results, but thats mostly YOUNG tourists (20+) coming back from gigantic pissups in Ibiza and the like. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the motor holiday is september.

If I understand that correctly.......

Restrictions that effectively rule out vehicle travel then as ferries and Eurotunnel routes are all Spain, France, Belgium and Netherlands or you will face 2 weeks quarantine on return.

Time to start a motorcycle hire business for Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany!!
"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."
― Anonymous

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 06:06:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Britigerider [+]
So if l came from the USA to Manchester airport, how would they impose this "quarantine" thing that you mention?

PS, it most definitely (& unfortunately) won't have settled down by September mate, just got to hope you don't contract it (although l hear it's no worse than the flu for healthy people, & some people have a resistance to the virus also!)

It's so much not worse than the 'flu that Mrs Zero is having to go for an MRI scan tomorrow to check if there's some neurological damage from when we contracted it in March. I just have occasional brief bouts of breathlessness, she gets tingling round the lips, her sense of smell and taste is messed up, and the ocular migraines that she occasionally suffered from have become more frequent. And I think I might be the one that you referred to as having reacted in a different thread to grizzlybear's teaser photo. I suppose you wouldn't consider that those of us who have had this might take it quite seriously.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 06:36:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Britigerider [+]
Been there, done that, but l would like to do the Ring of Kerry, or the full west coast of lreland, but l can't get a forecast on which day of the year it isn't raining! :008:

Seriously though, l WILL rent a bike & travel the lower eastern countries of Europe when all this Coronacrap has ended, like Bulgaria, Slovenia, Ukraine,etc before my toes curl up.
(when you get to my age mate, time is of the essence!)

Don't let the threat of a little rain stop you going to Ireland. It's stunning, the people. the scenery, the atmosphere. it's like nowhere else.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 06:42:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tallpaul [+]
Don't let the threat of a little rain stop you going to Ireland. It's stunning, the people. the scenery, the atmosphere. it's like nowhere else.

:0461: They call it liquid sunshine.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2020, 06:46:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
:0461: They call it liquid sunshine.

Correct! I'd forgotten that one  :046:

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 06:46:43 PM »

I did the northern coast once with a friend, but in car...
I absolutely loved the landscapes and Irish people are my favourite with Scotts too, you feel welcome like nowhere else, so agree totally, don't let rain discourage you !

Also maybe I'm crazy, but I find women with Irish accents so sexy  :015:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 06:48:32 PM by Djairouks »

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2020, 08:43:41 PM »
I went to the NW 500 race many moons ago & there were still Saracen armoured vehicles in Portrush!

As you say though, the west coast especially is stunning!

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2020, 08:45:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Also maybe I'm crazy, but I find women with Irish accents so sexy  :015:

Most of the Irish accents are sensual, except maybe some Dublin & Belfaaaaaast accents! :008:

Offline Neogas

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
It's so much not worse than the 'flu that Mrs Zero is having to go for an MRI scan tomorrow to check if there's some neurological damage from when we contracted it in March. I just have occasional brief bouts of breathlessness, she gets tingling round the lips, her sense of smell and taste is messed up, and the ocular migraines that she occasionally suffered from have become more frequent. And I think I might be the one that you referred to as having reacted in a different thread to grizzlybear's teaser photo. I suppose you wouldn't consider that those of us who have had this might take it quite seriously.

I am really sorry to heat about the impact this has had on your lives and I really hope you both can make a full Recovery.

Like many things in life were all invincible until something smashes that misplaced indifference. Wisdom does not come from anything but bitter and sweet experiences of life. Some people havent got there yet.

Speedy recovery to you and yours.

James
"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."
― Anonymous

Recent Topics