Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 16 or 17 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET?  (Read 5182 times)

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS
Re: 16 or 17 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET?
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tiger955dave [+]
Sounds like time to find a new service chap.
Sounds like he doesn't know his job very well, just like the dealer I've used to provide my 3 parts!!!

All I'm saying is that the chain & sprockets replacement has taken 3 days so far, (not my fault BTW!) but l'll write a separate thread on WTF has been happening with this unbelievable situation!!

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 TT800XRT
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2020, 06:34:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Britigerider [+]
Sounds like he doesn't know his job very well, just like the dealer I've used to provide my 3 parts!!!

All I'm saying is that the chain & sprockets replacement has taken 3 days so far, (not my fault BTW!) but l'll write a separate thread on WTF has been happening with this unbelievable situation!!

Mine was all done and dusted within the hour!!!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2020, 06:58:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Britigerider [+]

Goodie preparing the pop corn.

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2020, 10:45:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Goodie preparing the pop corn.

Pop a big bag open mate!

Offline Billy-2007

• Tiger Cub
  • After a string of BMWs, getting used to chains😅
  • Bike: 16 Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2021, 09:05:18 AM »
An old thread, but the heading is the most appropriate for my reply.
I have just completed installing a 17 tooth front sprocket on my new (to me), 2016 800 XRT. I mainly do highway travel and avoid dirt whenever possible, so was only interested in reducing RPM when cruising. My results are as follows;
100KPH  16T   4400RPM   17T   4100RPM
110KPH  16T   4900RPM   17T   4600RPM
I did not notice any significant difference when starting from stationary.
I was only using visual observation of the bike dials, so there might be some small differences in reality.
However, I am happy with these results for my style of riding.
Cheers

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2021, 05:08:26 PM »
Same as Billy-2007, i fitted a 17t front sprocket earlier in the week.  I just got back from a 1600mi spin round Ireland and while most of the West and South Coast was hilly with wee twisties and a lot of single lanes with grass up the middle, the East was lots of motorways and i was looking for another gear on them. 
first impressions, a bit longer on the clutch on take off but noticable on the open road on the revs - a bit lower cruising.  No real noticable difference in the power delivery, though there obviously is with the ratio change.  Overall happy with it so far.  Will know more when I head off again two up, fully loaded on a twisty, hilly run.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch