Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyre choice  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
Re: Tyre choice
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 06:14:00 PM »
Play nicely girls................... :492:

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 06:20:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
It's my opinion of your opinion, so it's just as valid as your opinion on Bridgestone tyres. Try and out-logic that.

All my yamis from 10 years had OEM Bridgestones and they were bad, that's my experience.

You simply could have said "I don't agree I like Bridgestone tires, with maybe arguments and
models" and I would have been delighted to talk, but no you said  my opinion is crap, closing
all discussion basically.

I'm not going to continue such childish games, I'll be on my way and play nice  :492: goodnight !
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 06:23:50 PM by Djairouks »

Online tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2020, 07:05:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
All my yamis from 10 years had OEM Bridgestones and they were bad, that's my experience.

You simply could have said "I don't agree I like Bridgestone tires, with maybe arguments and
models" and I would have been delighted to talk, but no you said  my opinion is crap, closing
all discussion basically.

I'm not going to continue such childish games, I'll be on my way and play nice  :492: goodnight !

My experience has been completely different to yours. I've had Bridgestones on assorted bikes over the last 25 years and probably more, and not had any problems with them. The only ones I've had issues with have been Metz Tourance Next (I had not-Next Tourances on a Tiger 900 steamer with no problems) and a Conti one which I can't remember, I think it was a Conti tour. I used a fair number of different tyres on that Tiger 900 in the 100,000 miles I did on it, including assorted Bridgestones, and I've used Bridgestones on other Hinckley triples and a Hinckley 4.

Seeing as you said "Most Bridgestone tyres are crap" with no further details of models, reasons, etc, giving no sign of wanting a discussion but just making a closed statement, then this is very much the pot calling the kettle black.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 09:02:29 PM »
I've been running Shinko 705's on my Tiger for 2yrs now & have done many freeway miles at 85mph for long periods in hot temps & also taken them offroad for gravel & light rock & stream crossings.
No complaints & the price is right!

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2020, 08:00:54 AM »
Off-road tyres
Got chatting with a boy riding BMW's take on the Tiger800 yesterday at Lake Bala, this boy really did ride this bike on proper trails, he knew the Peak District BOAT's. His bike did have the battle scars to prove it.

Rarely see a big weighty bike with tyres capable of more than a gravel track, he'd previously had a Vstrom & KTM990, surprisingly he said the Vstrom was handy off-road with low C of G.

Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2020, 08:28:28 AM »
tauzero and Djairouks - Are you guys 12 year olds ? If not then please stop acting like it.   :151:

Cut out this stupid bickering, you are ruining your credibility (and this topic), so your "opinion" is now worthless to other readers.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Britigerider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2020, 03:59:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Got chatting with a boy riding BMW's take on the Tiger800 yesterday at Lake Bala, this boy really did ride this bike on proper trails, he knew the Peak District BOAT's.

A new member Martymouse mentioned border check points between England & Wales, is he pulling my pisser or did you encounter any such thing??

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2020, 06:01:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Britigerider [+]
A new member Martymouse mentioned border check points between England & Wales, is he pulling my pisser or did you encounter any such thing??

:492: Brilliant, the Scots will tell ya same. The Irish love pulling the leg of Muricans with their loose chippings  :492:
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2020, 06:46:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
My experience has been completely different to yours. I've had Bridgestones on assorted bikes over the last 25 years and probably more, and not had any problems with them. The only ones I've had issues with have been Metz Tourance Next (I had not-Next Tourances on a Tiger 900 steamer with no problems) and a Conti one which I can't remember, I think it was a Conti tour. I used a fair number of different tyres on that Tiger 900 in the 100,000 miles I did on it, including assorted Bridgestones, and I've used Bridgestones on other Hinckley triples and a Hinckley 4.

Seeing as you said "Most Bridgestone tyres are crap" with no further details of models, reasons, etc, giving no sign of wanting a discussion but just making a closed statement, then this is very much the pot calling the kettle black.

Thanks man, that's all I asked, good discussion, if you loved them that's great, unfortunately tire wise seems to me only continental are good, every time is change for something else I'm disappointed.

I kind of like the T31 though on my yami, but wet you have to be careful and only 8'000km and they are toast, so mixed feelings.

This all reminded me of a saying we have in my region, opinions are like buttholes, everyone got one  :008:, no
so discussion are good.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2020, 02:43:59 PM »
Am going to put Dunlop Trailmax Meridian on the Super Tenere soon.  Got a Trailmax on the rear and it's got about 6000 on it and it's nearly done.

Recent Topics