Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 GT Pro test ride  (Read 1152 times)

Offline matt748

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRX
Re: Tiger 900 GT Pro test ride
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 08:51:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by penry [+]
Hendon trained ?
No mate, but I believe it is a Police saying. I just nicked it as its simple and it works!

Offline Matchbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Low
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 08:52:00 PM »
Daytime running lights are law on all new cars(and bikes)here. I think for about 4 years.

I think many drivers think if they can see where they are going then they do not need headlights. Little appreciating the need to be seen by others.

I do wish bikes had high intensity rear lights. Riding in heavy rain or fog can be really worrying and little you can do to defend yourself.

Offline penry

• Tiger Pro
  • No solution is insurmountable...
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCA '19
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 08:55:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by matt748 [+]
No mate, but I believe it is a Police saying. I just nicked it as its simple and it works!
It is and it does.
Campsite Clouseau.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 09:16:40 PM »
I hate the compulsory day driving lights on modern cars on a couple of bad points.

1. A lot of cars now have extremely bright, verging on dazzling, driving lights even in daylight.
2. The brightness of these driving lights appear to convince the driver in bad weather conditions and after dusk that they actually have their proper head lights on and so are oblivious to the fact that they don't have a single light on the rear of their vehicle.

For me the day driving light law should have included both front and rear lights, as modern bikes do, or not been introduced as a half measure at all.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online Alan B

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »
Good report on your test ride Matt, and some interesting observations.

Chose my reg. no. today, and take delivery in a couple of weeks.

Offline matt748

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRX
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 10:02:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Alan B [+]
Good report on your test ride Matt, and some interesting observations.

Chose my reg. no. today, and take delivery in a couple of weeks.

Thank you. Enjoy the bike! :)

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 10:05:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Matchbox [+]
I do wish bikes had high intensity rear lights. Riding in heavy rain or fog can be really worrying and little you can do to defend yourself.

I don't. I also wish cars didn't have them, or, if they must, that they be linked to a 30mph speed limiter.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline ChrisD

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2020, 03:57:43 PM »
OK brace yourselves.. I too have had a test ride. I have been away from the fold for a couple of years after having a Tiger 800 for five years, then a brief encounter with a 1050 Tiger Sport. (Too Heavy) then a 1200 Multistrada (Main bearings went at 12000 miles!!!) I decided enough was enough and the 900 looked just the ticket. Bear in mind I have not bought a brand new bike since 1985!
Cracking looks, up to date tech etc. I read the reviews, watched the U-Tube tests and sorted the configuration I wanted. I went to the dealers handed over the configuration and went for the test ride. What a disappointment. The seat was hard, the bars too close and the engine.... What have they done? It had more vibes than my Ducati and sounds awful neither a triple of a twin, just gravelly. The vibration through the bars and seat at 70mph were distracting. Looking around the bike the quality didn't seem as good as my 800 or 1050. On the upside, the switch gear and TFT dash were good, it looked stunning and the price competitive.  I am sorry to say I was gutted. Stick the 800 engine in it and I could deal with the rest. God knows what I am going to buy next :003:
Current bikes: 93 Ducati 900 Monster and  deciding what add to the stable next

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2020, 04:28:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by ChrisD [+]
It had more vibes than my Ducati and sounds awful neither a triple of a twin, just gravelly. The vibration through the bars and seat at 70mph were distracting. Looking around the bike the quality didn't seem as good as my 800 or 1050. On the upside, the switch gear and TFT dash were good, it looked stunning and the price competitive.  I am sorry to say I was gutted. Stick the 800 engine in it and I could deal with the rest. God knows what I am going to buy next :003:

:492: more than Ducati, you killed me !

I know it's a twin and personally I'm no fan of KTM hardware, because it's not always so reliable, but the only competition with class I see is Husqvarna.
https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2020/2020-norden-901-concept/

Recent Topics