Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

Tiger 800XC 2011 ABS Uprgade

(1/2) > >>

Ozmodias:
What do you think, is this possible, is this worth it? How it will be done? Probably with brake system from Tiger with an ABS system, and with a charge of the dashboard and board computer. It is not that i will do it, but ever since I bought mine I was wondering if this is possible.  :187: :187: :187:

tauzero:
I'm not sure if there's anything else to be added other than what's on this page:

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/8459/tiger-800-to-vin-674841/abs-system

but you might want to sit down before reading the prices. ECU and instruments are the same but it might need something switched in the ECU.

Q:
Originally Posted by tauzero but you might want to sit down before reading the prices. ECU and instruments are the same but it might need something switched in the ECU.

far better (cheaper) just to learn good old cadence braking :-)

T800XC:
Possible, yes, but far too costly.

In addition to the ABS pump/modulator and routing new brake pipes, a complete new wiring loom is required.
If the existing ECU can't be reflashed by a dealer to an ABS version, a new ECU is required.

awjdthumper:
I've had ABS on bikes I've ridden over the last few years but I've never had one activate. I appreciate that it might save someone's life in a particular circumstance but it wouldn't be something I would feel the need to fit if the bike didn't already have it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version