Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ANOTHER ONE FFS  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015XC
Re: ANOTHER ONE FFS
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2020, 05:29:28 AM »
Sorry to break in on the love in.

I have always used puncture repair glue when inserting rope plugs, haven't used mushies but suspect the same would/should help.

So buy the small bicycle glue tubes, liberally apply to the hole and the rope as it actually helps to ease it into place.

Do your twist and trim the outer rope. I doesn't upset the glue on the rope in my experience.

Whilst I have always then been inflating with a hand compressor and getting onto the bike straight away, part of my theory is that it all works/sets better with warmth back into the tyre - 'unless' it is still reasonably hot due to conditions and going flat affects.

Then with a bit of luck the glue will help to seal the gaps/damaged area.

Our best result to date was a piece of metal strap that was actually wider than the metal shiver earlier in this thread, maybe twice the width. We had to fit the equivalent of 2 plugs next to each other, eg 4 pieces of rope on the outside and it held for over 100klm before we could get to a large town and replace the tyre.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2020, 06:27:59 AM »
That glue idea is a good one. I had not thought of that in the past. When we are eventually allowed to go anywhere I think I will grab a tube for each bike.

Offline Eskeemo

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2020, 04:18:38 PM »
I thought the tigers ran a tubed tyre that cant be plugged

Offline philmcglass

• Tiger Master
  • Mine's a pint
  • Bike: Tiger XRX 2016
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2020, 04:21:21 PM »
Only XC range
Find the Line

Offline Eskeemo

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2020, 04:28:22 PM »
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up 👍🏼 . Guess its to do with the spoked wheels. Dont like the fact I cant plug a puncture 🙁

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Eskeemo [+]
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up 👍🏼 . Guess its to do with the spoked wheels. Dont like the fact I cant plug a puncture 🙁

... or even the inner tubes
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch