Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Filtering round the world  (Read 3052 times)

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
Re: Filtering round the world
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 06:52:08 PM »
Hey Healdem, I know that there are people on this forum that can provide an answer to practically every question that you can think of, but what are the chances of finding a German national who not only rides T800, but is also a lawyer.........?
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesnt.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by GeoffS [+]
Hey Healdem, I know that there are people on this forum that can provide an answer to practically every question that you can think of, but what are the chances of finding a German national who not only rides T800, but is also a lawyer.........?

absolutely zero I guess.....

and if I knew such a lawyer he would not give legal advice for free, that's against a lawyers nature....
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 07:02:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
absolutely zero I guess.....

and if I knew such a lawyer he would not give legal advice for free, that's against a lawyers nature....

and that bit of advice kicks off the billing :-)
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 07:38:41 PM »
Some interesting responses. Switzerland doesn't sound very nice! One reason I raised this is that I follow utubes from  "itchy boots" a Dutch woman who was travelling round the world on a Royal Enfield Himalaya.   She was recently in Germany, making her way to Denmark and described the 'emergency lanes'  being formed. She didn't know if it was legal to use, so didn't.   Now we know she was right!

Online matt748

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRX
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 07:41:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
As was described to me by bike cop. Filtering in the UK isn't expressly legal, or illegal for that matter. It's a matter of judgement.

⬆️This.
Filtering, although not technically illegal (UK), doesnt really exist as an official thing.
If you have an accident while filtering, you are seen as putting yourself in unnecessary danger. There is a benchmark court case that they use in such circumstances (cant remember who V who, but the outcome was 80/20 against the biker.
Dont ask me how I know.....🙁

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2020, 08:19:13 PM »
Nothing (apart from rights) is expressly legal in the UK, it would be a prohibitively exhaustive list
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Online healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 10:01:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by GeoffS [+]

..and one who can lead us not into temptation, don't forget the leading bit... :007:

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 10:18:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Nothing (apart from rights) is expressly legal in the UK, it would be a prohibitively exhaustive list

Yes, that's why I posed the intro as generally legal i.e. Not unlawful    illegal is a sick bird.....as one of the most vulnerable groups, motorcyclists need to be responsible for their own safety.     " here lies Fred he was right, dead right"

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2020, 12:59:17 AM »
Legal here in Victoria (Australia) between rows of slow moving (up to 30kph) or stationery vehicles. You are not allowed to filter between a vehicle and the curb.
The speed restriction is generally ignored by many bikes who will often pass between vehicles doing 100kph in adjacent lanes on the freeway.
Other Australian states have different rules as the road rules are a state issue not a federal one.

Offline RaglandT

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800XC / 1200XRT
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2020, 02:55:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
Not permitted in the US except for California where the authorities look the other way.

Chico

It is actually legal in California, and the authorities not only encourage it but have Public Service Announcements reminding car drivers to watch out for and make room for filtering motorcycles.

Recent Topics