Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Removing clutch lever bracket  (Read 360 times)

Offline Jeffaf123

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XRX,Yamaha XS250
Removing clutch lever bracket
« on: August 23, 2020, 07:10:34 PM »
Hi all
I was working on the other bike in the garage yesterday and bumped into my XRX which was on the side stand. Of course the bike came off the stand and fell towards me (fortunately not towards my wife's car). I couldn't hold it cos I was facing away and now I've got to replace the clutch lever bracket - I've got away light I guess.

I'm probably missing something but because I've got the OEM switch for foglights and heated grips mounted in front of the bolts holding the 2 parts of the bracket together I can't see how to disassemble and I'd rather not try the brute force and ignorance technique. Can anybody point out what I haven't seen please?
Cheers
Jeff

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Removing clutch lever bracket
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »
REmove the x2 8mm bolts. With the Triumph switches there are a couple of metal standoffs, about 5 to 7mm long so don't lose those.  That's it.

You could download the Auxlight and/or the heated grips instructions from triumphinstructions.com and work backwards.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Jeffaf123

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 10:51:28 AM »
Thanks for the reply and the pointer to triumphinstructions!
The issue I have is that my switch is located differently to either of the instruction documents although it was installed by the main dealer as part of the original prep of the bike from new. You can see in the photo below that the switch is placed diectly in front of the 2 allen headed bolts and with only about 2mm clearance. Looking at it again though, I think if I remove the hand guard and the switch block for indicators etc I'll be able to get to the bolts that hold the switch to the bracket with a cut down allen key. Hopefully then I'll be able to get to the clamp bolts.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 11:23:16 PM »
I suspect that you have the switch cube fitted - see https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9638172-EN.pdf
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Jeffaf123

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 09:25:36 AM »
You're right :) - thanks!
I had finally noticed the small bolt underneath to detach the bracket but I hadn't been able to find the article in triumphinstructions because I didn't know what it was called. The article helps particularly because I obviously need a different clamp to the 'standard' one.
Thanks again!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch