Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Standard size tyres  (Read 495 times)

Offline oddballh

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger XRx
Standard size tyres
« on: August 31, 2020, 09:26:57 AM »
Hi all,

I am a proud new owner of a 2017 XRx 800 and am loving it. Still "bonding" but I think we will get on together nicely. Quite a change from my previous bike a VFR800.
I hate to come straight in with a tyre question and hope to be a help to others on this forum particularly with electrical issues.

In short, at at present my bike is fitted with Michelin pilot road 4 trials which seem to do the job very well although the rear is quite squared off and needs replacing. Looking through the threads here it does seem that the preferred option is to have a 110/80 up front which my bike has.

I am going to import my Tiger into Spain shortly and to get there version of a MOT (a ITV) the bike needs to totally standard, and from past experience I have found that the inspectors are especially concerned with tyres & tyre sizes.

What I am getting around to is..... As I am going to HAVE to go back to standard size tyres what would you recommend to put on? They have to be exactly "100/90-19 57V" & "150/70R17 69V"

Thanks in advance

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Standard size tyres
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »
Get hold of a copy of a Spanish model owners handbook if you dont have one and see what the recommendation in it is. Here in Australia the 110/80 front is listed as optional so I see no reason why that would not be acceptable to the authorities if the same applies in Spain.
The problem is that nobody makes a 100/90 radial so if you need to go back to one you will be stuck with a cross ply tyre and the associated poorer performance.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
Re: Standard size tyres
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 10:21:19 AM »
there is an official document somewhere from Triumph that homogulates the 110/80. I don't have it to hand, but Triumph permits the use of 110/80 if the OEM spec 100/90 is unavailable or hard to find. However whether that will be sufficient for the Spanish ITV authorities I don't know. chack with a Spanish rider on this forum

found it:- https://images.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/media-library/files/central%20marketing%20team/tyre%20selector/issue%2019/triumph-tyre-selector-issue-19-us.pdf

"Tiger 800
*Front tire size 110/80R19 59V may be
used in markets where the
recommended size (100/90-19 57V) is
not available.
"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:23:08 AM by healdem »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch