Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Recommended upgrades / mods?  (Read 1063 times)

Offline louballs

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT
Recommended upgrades / mods?
« on: August 31, 2020, 10:13:14 PM »
Hey all! Just picked up a 2020 900 GT. Very excited to put some miles in it. It's a very different bike for me as my last ride was a 2005 VRod. Just wondering if there's any "must do" mods/upgrades. For instance on the VRod, everyone upgraded the air box immediately and added a power commander. Any common upgrades you all are doing? I know there isn't much aftermarket yet, but thought I'd ask! Thanks!

Lou

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Recommended upgrades / mods?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:23:43 PM »
Not been out long enough for"must do" mods. Ride and see how you get on.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Online Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 10:28:01 PM »
Unlike Harleys these bikes have more than enough go from the start. Its still very early days and there isnt much around in the way of add-ons yet anyway. Even the Triumph accessory mufflers seem to be made from unobtainium. What I will say is this. I recently sold a 1200 Thruxton. New price was around $20,000 here. As it rolled out of my garage it had close to $8,000 worth of accessories and upgrades on it. I have another Triumph (modern classic) in the garage with roughly the same spent on it. The beauty of these bikes, and the Tiger 900 more so than others, is that theyre pretty complete and apart from some protection bits and pieces and luggage (and maybe exhaust when they come on stream) theres not a lot to do. If you were planning a lot of off-road, maybe a pre-filter. Im sure Ill think of things over time but I see it as a huge money saver.

Online Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 10:43:15 PM »
One thing I can definitely recommend thats not on the non-Pro models is the quickshifter. Brilliant off-road and way too much fun on road.

Offline louballs

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 10:56:35 PM »
Thanks, I was looking at that. Can that be added on our own or does the sealer have to install and update the computer? Thinking about the Bluetooth module also, but I'm going to see how I fair with a handlebar mount for my phone and connect it to the auxiliary port.

Online Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 11:45:31 PM »
Not sure about connecting the quickshifter. When I put one on a Street Triple a few years ago it was just plug and play, but it could be different with these. I really dont know.
The Bluetooth module is great but there are things about it that arent as good as having the phone in front of you. You cant dial numbers or access your phone book while the bike is moving and I cant get it to communicate via SIRI to request a call for example or playback a message. All you can do is answer a call or return a missed call. Turn by turn Navi is great but sometimes its good to be able to actually see a map. Its great for music though. Occasionally the connection gets lost and needs to be reset. I also use my headset/phone on other bikes and the connection of the phone direct to the headset confuses the bike. I solved it by having a dedicated headset for the Tiger and another one for the other bikes. Having the phone in the under seat tray proved a bit of a pain, especially as I have a seat bag, so I run a power cord up the back into the seat bag.

On balance I prefer to have it but could easily live without.

Offline louballs

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 11:53:16 PM »
Thanks! I have a new helmet on order with a Sena Bluetooth module installed..I'm going to use that for a while with the phone on the ram mount and see if I really need anything additional.

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 08:49:09 AM »
Not much about at moment, apart from the triumph accessories. I have fitted lower and upper crash bars, pannier rack and a sat nav bracket which is above the tft screen. The bike is already equipped with lots of toys.
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Aussie Tiger [+]
One thing I can definitely recommend thats not on the non-Pro models is the quickshifter. Brilliant off-road and way too much fun on road.

Learn to clutchless change.  :300:
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline louballs

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 11:42:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Learn to clutchless change.  :300:

What gps bracket do you have? How is it mounted above the screen?

Recent Topics