Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HEED Center Stand Tiger 800  (Read 216 times)

Offline MartinsVi

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
HEED Center Stand Tiger 800
« on: September 01, 2020, 09:59:33 AM »
Hi All, new poster here, don't beat me too hard if this has been discussed before, search revealed some similar topics, but not exactly what I was looking for.

I own a 2012 Tiger 800 (road version) and I decided to get myself a center stand. Having seen some mixed reviews about the OEM one, I went ahead and ordered myself HEED center stand. Having done all the work yesterday I realized that it takes a bit of effort to get it off the ground and once you do - the rear wheel is some 14-15 cm off the ground. It looks bizarre! I checked back with HEED web site and it looks like they have made one size fits all stand that will fit my lower roadie version as well as taller XC ones

Center stand fits to Triumph Tiger 800 and 800 XC, XCX, XCA motorcycles manufactured from 2011 to 2019.

So the question here is - how far off the ground would your wheel be if one would have used an OEM stand? Obviously the taller the stand, the more difficult it is to mount it. Is this normal or should I go for a refund? I can operate it somewhat ok, I just worry about the stability of the set up, I would imagine the higher up it is, the bigger the fall should something go wrong

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: HEED Center Stand Tiger 800
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 12:55:42 PM »
Hi and :401:

I have one relevant pic in my gallery though not perfect for seeing the gap straight on but I would estimate that on my XRt it is around 3cm ... 5cm max.

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics