Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 Bike of the Year competiition- and the winner is ........?  (Read 723 times)

Offline norboy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2019 XRt
2020 Bike of the Year competiition- and the winner is ........?
« on: September 03, 2020, 05:55:44 PM »
For those interested the Tiger 900 Rally Pro has just won the Bike magazine Bike of the Year competition up against some impressive competition. Its all in some detail and in the current October 2020 edition. Apparently the November edition will also have a 1500 mile road test of the same machine.

NB no link to Bike. My copy comes foc from a chum who has a subscription as a gift but is not interested in bikes newer than 1936.

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
Re: 2020 Bike of the Year competiition- and the winner is ........?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 06:11:22 PM »
I read that but it could have easily been won by another bike. The result was highly dependent upon which category the pairs of bikes were contesting in each round. A Fireblade vs HD Livewire in the Practicality category was won by the Livewire which has a very limited range so is hardly practical at all! I know the Fireblade suffered a battery problem on the day of the test so was basically eliminated for that but, for me, it made the test meaningless.

Good to see that the Tiger won though. 😀😀

Oh, and by the way, my copy comes as a free benefit with my bank account.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:14:05 PM by Fazer »

Offline coddy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 07:25:29 PM »
Bike of the year? Really! It couldn't even beat the BMW F900XR in a one to one shoot out in MCN last month.

Online Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 08:22:04 PM »
I agree with Fazer but still pleased to see it win. The first round was a bit of a joke though. Very easy to pair most of the bikes there to something in the same league.

I note that it was the Rally model they tested though, not the Pro.

Offline flyingburrito

• Tiger Cub
  • Knees in the breeze
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 10:35:44 PM »
Glad I got mine.  It's a phenomenal scooter....
2020 Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Offline OldNick

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by coddy [+]
Bike of the year? Really! It couldn't even beat the BMW F900XR in a one to one shoot out in MCN last month.

Is that article on MCN online - I couldn't find it?

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 08:48:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by coddy [+]

The Bike article was a knockout competition where pairs of bikes were judged against each other in relation to some individual feature. The Tiger 800 was pitted against the F900XR in the Practicality comparison and the result was a draw. However, because one of the bikes had to go through to the next round they gave it to the Tiger because its 21 front wheel gives it more off-road capability.

As I said in my previous post the method used to compare the bikes really made the result rather random and hence meaningless.

Recent Topics