Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

New pad thickness

(1/1)

Shergar:
Recently changed the front pads on my 2017 XRT - Nissin Calipers. I put the EBC HH pads in but was a little surprised at how thin the pad material was from new/. Not had chance to have a run out on the bike since so they are sat there as new currently waiting a ride at the weekend if I can escape from other duties.
Anyhow -  my question is - does anyone have a set of unused original pads that they can measure and for the sake of completeness does anyone have a set of the EBC pads to measure so that I can check mine are as they should be.
They were purchased from Sportsbikeshop so I doubt they are knock offs but would be good to have a comparison

Also - while on the subject of brakes - I am pretty certain that the retaining / slider pins on both front and back of my bike are 58 to 59mm - I was going to get some stainless pins so will measure again - but that size doesn't seem to tally with what I see elsewhere  (lots of mentions of 64mm)
Any thoughts ( apart from the obvious go out and measure them again which is a treat for tomorrow evening)
Ta
Stuart

Stevie.P:
Looks like 9mm according to EBC website.

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcycle/triumph-hinckley-produced-machines/tiger-800-xrt-abs-up-to-vin-855531/2015-2018/49700#

Shergar:
Originally Posted by Stevie.P Looks like 9mm according to EBC website.

https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcycle/triumph-hinckley-produced-machines/tiger-800-xrt-abs-up-to-vin-855531/2015-2018/49700#

Thanks - I just dropped them back out and measured them with a vernier calliper and they are exactly 9mm, so that answers that question.
I would still be interested if someone had a pair of OEM Triumph ones to measure as those I took out were still at 7.5mm total thickness so after 11000 miles I can't be using the front brakes much if they started out at 9mm also. I didn't swap them for wear but because I just wanted a little extra bite, the OEM pads just felt soft.
Also measured both front and back pins using the vernier and they are identical at very slightly under 60mm - will be ordering some stainless ones and stainless retaining caps to go with them.

Rick B:
Ive just done the same on my 3k 2020 XRT, didn't like the OEM pads so swapped (30 min ago) with the HH EBC from Sportsbikeshop,to go with the new PR5's.So this weekend giving them a run in and then a trip up the Hebrides
 ,We'll see how it goes.
 :190: :189:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version