Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The "Demonstrator" Question  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Ace23

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Re: The "Demonstrator" Question
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 11:30:22 PM »
You should have no issues buying an ex demonstrator it certainly wouldn't bother me most demonstrators never see a thousand miles before being sold on. Try any dealer they will all offer a walk around video and door to door delivery service.

Offline pahiker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCx
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 01:57:51 AM »
My Ducati Hyperstrada was a demo, no issues, a ton of fun, but dumped it for my Tiger due to some design flaws, nothing related to being thrashed. If I was looking for a bike and the only option was a demo, I'd just make sure I get the full factory warranty, some give you a warranty which doesn't start from when you purchased it, but from when the dealer got the bike.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 08:26:01 AM »
My 2017 Bonneville Bobber was a demobike, bought it in 2018 with 2,200 kms on the clock. No trouble whatsoever, bike became a full service and fresh MOT (and the German TV officials are tough guys) as a demobike is regarded as a rental bike and those need MOT every year.

I lost one year of warranty but saved some 2,500 Euros on a brand new bike... so a good deal in the end for me
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 08:32:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by pahiker [+]
My Ducati Hyperstrada was a demo, no issues, a ton of fun, but dumped it for my Tiger due to some design flaws, nothing related to being thrashed. If I was looking for a bike and the only option was a demo, I'd just make sure I get the full factory warranty, some give you a warranty which doesn't start from when you purchased it, but from when the dealer got the bike.

That sucks, in Switzerland the warranty starts when the bike is first registered by the first owner, when they have garage license the warranty does not run.

That's how in 2018 I bought a leftover new 2014 Fazer 8, having the factory warranty to the fullest !

Offline B0M0A0K

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 10:49:30 AM »
Thanks to everyone who chipped in here, it's much appreciated. Given the supply issues with new bikes I feel alot happier to be considering ex-demonstrators as potential purchase candidate. I'm off to Aberdeen on a test ride this weekend and am really looking forward to it.

Thanks again ! :047:

Offline T120R

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 T120R
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 06:30:35 PM »
Speaking to a dealer yesterday he was saying this years demonstrators are a bargain as they have so little mileage on them due to Covid.

Offline B0M0A0K

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 06:39:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by T120R [+]
Speaking to a dealer yesterday he was saying this years demonstrators are a bargain as they have so little mileage on them due to Covid.

Yeah, that's a really good point. Hadn't thought of that.

Online Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 11:21:49 PM »
Im afraid Id go against the majority here. Unless the bike had exceptionally low, read virtually no miles, which Ive seen on some ex demos, Id rather wait for new bike to arrive.

I know how I ride a demo and some Ive ridden have been very low mileage and Im not there to run it in, I want to see what it will do. I guess most are like me.

Im sure the reality is the bikes are up to the abuse but you pay a lot for the pleasure of ownership and I want maximum pleasure for my pound.

Just my 2p but you asked the question 😊

Online Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 11:25:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by T120R [+]

Ive seen V-Strom 650 and old style 1000s ex demo with exceptionally low mileage. I think the Tiger 900 being a new model and splashed all over the biking media the uptake on test rides for these models would prove more popular.

Offline B0M0A0K

• Tiger Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 08:06:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jarse [+]
Just my 2p but you asked the question 😊

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, we all have a different approach and I can certainly see your point.  :047:

Recent Topics