Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger Megameet October 2020 - CANCELLED  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: Tiger Megameet October 2020 - CANCELLED
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 09:22:57 PM »
From what I have heard and read in the German papers apparently the rules in the UK are getting even stricter. I am not in a position to question whether the higher-ups are right in imposing those measures but it clearly shows one thing: our mates in charge organising this years Megameet were more than right to call it off. Although it is really sad to see this happening you did the right thing.

I owe you a drink...
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline dallewed

• Tiger Master
  • Today is the correct time to do things
  • Bike: BMW R1250 GSA
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 06:41:17 PM »
Hi all.

Well after all, the Welsh Government has imposed a full lockdown in Wales from the Friday that we all were due to arrive in Llandrindod Wells!!

I had an email from Greg at the hotel today and thought Id share it with you...

Hi Dai,

Sad news with another announcement from Welsh Government with national lockdown from this Friday.

But I wanted to also add, that everyone from Tiger 800 has been extremely supportive and 99% have waived deposits, very humbling and we are most grateful and certainly will remember, hoping to welcome you all in the future when possible.

Stay safe and all the best.

Kind regards
Greg

Greg Loweth | Business Development Manager
DD: +44 (0) 1597 828 555 | gl@metropole.co.uk

Well done all! Look forward to catch up with you in the Zoom call.

Dai
Triumph Scrambler - Pacific Blue Jan 2016 - 2019
BMW R1200 GSA 2017 to 2019
Explorer - Blue 2013 to 2017
Tiger 800 XC - Orange 2011 - 2013
Sidney the Kidney 25 on 29th Jan 2016

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 10:24:06 PM »
After a number of recent updating emails between us (as the bulk of Wales by county area was not locked down) I had a similar email this afternoon from Greg confirming he had to cancel my reservation and thanking me for my efforts to still stay with them and similarly the note of praise about the Tiger group support and waived deposits .... he also added that he hoped to maybe see us 2021.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch