Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scrambler 1200  (Read 240 times)

Offline suffolktiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 18 Tiger XCA
Scrambler 1200
« on: September 12, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »
 Who owns or has spent time on a 1200 xe?

What do you think, could you swap a tiger for one?

Im not keen in the new 900(I did a review) and got that scratch appearing. I really like my 800, just fancy something different maybe.  Im sure itll pass , haha!

I dont do big distances, though off road capability (light) is a must. I feel the scrambler may be a bit too pretty ...

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
Re: Scrambler 1200
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 09:39:01 PM »
Love the XC (I'm a shot arse so XE not an option) and is top of my list for my next bike. Only had the Tiger 2 months and on my 3rd bike so far this year as it is so will have to leave it a little while yet....I do want one though :)
Wife has a Street twin and sounds amazing with V and H pipes, the tiger can't be heard when were out together. I fancy some of that sound track for myself. 

Offline suffolktiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 18 Tiger XCA
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »
I hear you in that front, bit more character I guess.

I had a street triple 765 RS (before I grew up) before the tiger, and the noise is IMO one if the best in motorcycling, so addictive, though its a serious danger to youre license on that bike. The tiger is a more agricultural though does sound ok at higher rpm.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 10:11:53 AM »
I was a bit disappointed by the 1200 tbh, sure it makes more torque than a Tiger, pulls your arms
in a fun manner, but it really is a big low down twin, so after 5K rpm it starts to run out of juice,
more of a hooligan weekend ride to me.
I wish they had tuned like Yamaha with the T7, that pulls okay till 9K rpm, with a 1200cc that would
have still given enough torque.

Which means if you loved the 765 triple, you might be bored by the big twin, I personnaly gradually
was bored by my Honda Africa twin, because it ran out of juice after 6K rpm, I love revving the Tiger
to 8K in twisties and having room for power.

You know I have a 2018 XRT and light off-road is mostly about tires, I'd argue any remotely ADV
enclined motorcycle today, can do light off-road if you use the right tires on them, years ago I did
on my MT-09 and it was working fine in rain mode  :008:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:16:57 AM by Djairouks »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch