Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cancelled Megameet Therapy  (Read 3041 times)

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Cancelled Megameet Therapy
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »
Well last day of therapy  :008: ... so as hoped one last short outing before preparing to return to Plymouth first thing in the morning tomorrow.
Well it was certainly a dramatic temperature drop this morning, stating off at 11c in Dearham. My ride today was the B6277 from Alston to Middleton-in-Teesdale. So the usual Dearham to Penrith and on up the Hartside Pass again and on to Alston for enough fuel to get me back to Dearham. As I ascended Hartside the temperature progressively dropped down to 9c. Out onto the B6277 out of Alston and all the way to Midleton-in-Teesdale and another day of traffic free twisty road and great countryside.

Once there it was a totally different picture to sunny last week and hoards of bodies everywhere. it was quiet and with 2 people sat outside the 'Tee Pot' I opted to sit inside where it was empty, mainly as their toilet was only for inside sitting customers. A bacon and egg bap, large mug of latte and a slice of cherry crumble later I set off back on the same route. At one point on the return the temperature did drop as low as 7.5c so glad I put the liners on under my gear.

The only thing I would advise is be wary as there are 2 cattle grids pretty unseen in advance directly on bends. Going there direction, one on the Cumbria border (followed by a 'sheep on road' warning) and again where that open area ends.

Next time I would tie the B6277 route in with the previous Alstom South Loop Alston A689 to Middleton-in-Teesdale road to make a slightly longer return route. :028:

Route guide for the day.

As said, pretty short day but another ride none the less. 163 miles covered taking my total to exactly 1300 miles, which as said earlier regarding my last year I'm really pleased with.

So now ready for roughly another (probably) 8hrs+ and just over 410 miles, but in a different seat (and with 2 women :181: :008: )

I have thoroughly enjoyed the rides I've had, the restrictions and kids back at school probably being a big plus in the minimal traffic. I certainly look forward to doing it again next year if normal holiday routine isn't restored as I know, with or without wife, I've always got free bed and meals here anytime. :152:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:54:46 PM by Stevie.P »
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2020, 12:27:57 AM »
mainly as their toilet was only for inside sitting customers

They lied  :001:
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »
Well I went by the sign in the window and when she asked me at the door my preference I said inside and took the opportunity to warm up a bit (and remove my jacket and liner while I ate).  Had it been last week as planned, when sunny, it would have been an outside preference. :028:

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 02:35:17 PM »
Hey Stevie, looks like you had a crackin couple of days, and the weather gods were good to you. Im a bit confused by your last image...., why have you still got the stabilisers on the bike; go on take them off, itll make cornering much more fun.
Stay safe
Geoff

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 03:02:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by GeoffS [+]
...Im a bit confused by your last image...., why have you still got the stabilisers on the bike; go on take them off, itll make cornering much more fun.

:492:  :492:

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2020, 06:44:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by GeoffS [+]
Im a bit confused by your last image...., why have you still got the stabilisers on the bike ....

Geoff, it's because when I'm stationary I have this habit of accidentally letting it fall over (4 times now since I've had it :232: ). :008:

Though I guess that's better than dropping it while riding. :005:

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
What's the book of suggested routes that you used?
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 06:36:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
What's the book of suggested routes that you used?

Looks like AA Biker's Britain to me.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 10:10:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tallpaul [+]

:028:

Yes AA Bikers Britain. Mine is 2017 publication so it does recommend the Hartside Cafe which I already knew from last year's Megameet was burnt down.

It covers these sections:

[img 9width=750 height=1000]https://photos-cdn.tiger800.co.uk/D.-North--Midlands.jpg[/img]

You can see my routes in this thread were 44, 47, 48 and 49 in the 'North and Midlands' section. :017:

I also have this Scotland guide hopefully for future use that I won in the Gloucester Megameet charity raffle.  :028:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 10:12:24 PM by Stevie.P »

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2020, 11:03:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tallpaul [+]

I also use that, only problem is: it does not have an overview map that you can see where the routes are located on the island. Makes it sometimes rather difficult for me to use it.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Recent Topics