Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cancelled Megameet Therapy  (Read 3061 times)

Rtwo and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
Re: Cancelled Megameet Therapy
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2020, 03:26:22 PM »
We should be thankful that we live in a country that allows us to freely photograph almost anywhere in public places, but why do some people feel the need to goad the police?
Am I obliged to give you my name?..., Am I allowed to photograph in a public place?...., he knows what the answer is, so grow up, and go home and watch your thoroughly exciting recording of Sellafields front gate.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2020, 03:57:50 PM »
:172: guys, I only put up an innocent picture taken from the main road. I've even seen the large lay-by on the map at Yeorton Brow where I stopped which as the crow flies is 2.7 miles to the Sellafield installation.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 09:34:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]

The Nuclear Constabulary are well used to clowns chancing their arms making daft "documentaries", Panorama are renown for courting controversy and pretending they have insider information as were Greenpeace before them.

Like I said, just a bit of friendly advice, photography and video recording of MOD and Civil Nuclear sites is banned and technically covers both terrorist and espionage as well as civil trespass, the relevant acts being the Anti-Terrorism Act and the Official Secrets Act.

Those in the video were obviously trying to make a point, filming at any of the access points is illegal as it can identify some of the security measures in place, as usual this thread has gone entirely off topic and into the realms of fantasy about what you "rights" are, you do not have the right to photograph anything that contravenes the above.

The pictures shown were entirely innocent and would be seen as such, my comment was intended to warn against any more intrusive picture taking.

Take the advice in the spirit it was intended, or disregard it as you wish.
Now available in "Batman"

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 10:27:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
The pictures shown were entirely innocent and would be seen as such, my comment was intended to warn against any more intrusive picture taking.

Take the advice in the spirit it was intended, or disregard it as you wish.

*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
... I understand what you're saying. ....

... there was no issue for me with your comment. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 10:40:39 AM »
StevieP and Dilbert, spot on both of you.
Common sense (somewhat lacking these days) and a little thought about your actions goes a long way.
The video highlighted that the person behind the camera had neither of the above; why the need for him to play games with the police....

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #45 on: Today at 07:09:00 AM »
I have zero respect for the police force/service or whatever else they're calling themselves today, there are certainly some good people within the ranks but as an institution it stinks.
Back in the early 80s in the early hours, strolling back home from seeing my girlfriend, a police van stopped, 3 or 4 of them got out and laid into me.
I spent a night in hospital with broken ribs and bruised kidneys followed by a night in the cells and a charge of assault against one of them.
The charges were later dropped (of course) and my complaint against them rejected.
So no, I won't defer or show any respect to them or engage in any conversation with them.
Most people of my generation around here feel the same way.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch