Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: heated seats  (Read 865 times)

Offline Tammyboy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger800XR
heated seats
« on: September 14, 2020, 03:11:56 PM »
Hi all, tried the search function but nothing came up, so sorry if this has come up before. has anyone any experience of using an Airhawk with heated seats, and if so does the heat come through adequately?

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
Re: heated seats
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »
You will probably feel a bit of warmth but doubt if it would be much at all , air is a great insulator or barrier against heat being transferred.

Offline Rick B

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 XRT
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 02:25:01 PM »
Got em both and ,,,,,No cant feel anything.
The Perfect Woman,
A deaf and dumb nymphomaniac that runs an off-licence!

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 04:45:10 PM »
I suppose the secondary question for those that have them, without a seat cover can you feel anything to begin with?

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 06:04:11 PM »
Yes, the standard Triumph heated seats (certainly on my bike) are very effective. I only have it on high for about 10 mins then have to switch to low as it gets so hot. Use mine every winter until now as I have recently swapped to Sargent seats (bought from a forum member) but luckily the front one has heat fitted, just need to wire in the control system before winter. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 08:25:02 PM »
Neat, that's good to know. My ass usually doesn't get cold so I wasn't sure there would be any real value in it.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 08:51:01 PM »
Some people say they don't like the heated seat because 'they' feel like they have pee'd themselves. I don't find that but find the heat feeds up through the butt to the base of the spine and hence has a warming effect on the overall blood supply flowing around the body and general warming effect .... but that's just my findings. :190: :151:

When I got the XRt I did because I wanted a change from black and liked the Intense Orange and wasn't bothered about the heated gizmos that were standard but within weeks I was sold on the heated seats, though not the poor (IMO) Triumph heated grips, I've continued with my heated Keis inner gloves (and boot insoles). :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 09:52:33 PM »
Totally agree about the heated starts. When I first started using them I actually wasnt  sure they were working properly. I didnt really feel much warmth - compared to my car seats. But after just a couple of minutes you become aware of the warmth and start to feel it through your core. Could live without them but glad I have them.
Funny you say that about the heated grips though. My only gripe with them is they work too well. Unless its really cold I need to keep them on the low setting and switch them off periodically. Same on my other bikes, all with Triumph heated grips.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 04:16:59 PM »
Triumph heated grips seem to be very inconsistent. There's a lot of complaints on here, but mine (on the Tiger and the T120) work fine. I can get my Tiger onto the centre stand too!
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline sprint

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 07:00:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
Triumph heated grips seem to be very inconsistent. There's a lot of complaints on here, but mine (on the Tiger and the T120) work fine. I can get my Tiger onto the centre stand too!

My 800 has just had the grips replaced under warranty as they were only creating a temp of around 35 deg C. Replacements as just as bad. Have an Oxford set on my ST1100 and they get up to 55 deg C. Why the hell are the Triumphs ones so poor!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch