Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: heated seats  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Tiggerton

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRT 2018
Re: heated seats
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 11:32:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by sprint [+]
My 800 has just had the grips replaced under warranty as they were only creating a temp of around 35 deg C. Replacements as just as bad. Have an Oxford set on my ST1100 and they get up to 55 deg C. Why the hell are the Triumphs ones so poor!

Less heat = less Watts = smaller battery (size and cost).

Less damage to leather gloves?

Regards

Honda 90 c200, Norton Dominator 99, Triumph (Saint) T110, Triumph 750 T140 ES, Triumph Bantam Cub, Triumph Tiger Cub, BSA 650 Golden Flash, Honda CBF 1000, Triumph Sprint GT, Tiger 800 XrX low. 2018 Tiger 800 XRT.

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 03:08:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tiggerton [+]
Less heat = less Watts = smaller battery (size and cost).
The battery's primary purpose is for starting (electricity for the starter motor) -- the charging system provides electricity for operation of the bike's other electrical components.
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 11:59:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Some people say they don't like the heated seat because 'they' feel like they have pee'd themselves. I don't find that but find the heat feeds up through the butt to the base of the spine and hence has a warming effect on the overall blood supply flowing around the body and general warming effect .... but that's just my findings. :190: :151:

When I got the XRt I did because I wanted a change from black and liked the Intense Orange and wasn't bothered about the heated gizmos that were standard but within weeks I was sold on the heated seats, though not the poor (IMO) Triumph heated grips, I've continued with my heated Keis inner gloves (and boot insoles). :028:

I was one of these people, I said heated seats are for old men drivers, but since last september doing my 49Km daily commute
in swiss winter, I admit how wrong I was about that, turns out the heating effect keeps me warmer overall, not just my butt !
It alo allows me to wear my motorcycle jeans in some cold mornings, without too much hassle when I travel this limits the number
of layers or pants to carry in the luggage, honestly, best option ever on a bike I owned !

TBH for me the only surefire way for warm hands, is both heated gloves with filaments above, fine palm leather and heated grips
at the same time, otherwhise with only grips the top pf the gloves get too cold.

I tried the soles but having the buttons at their back, squeezing them in and out at lot, they broke within 2 weeks, so this year
I'll be trying heating socks rather than soles.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:06:19 PM by Djairouks »

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 03:19:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
I tried the soles but having the buttons at they back, squeezing them in and out at lot, they broke withing 2 weeks, so this year I'll be trying heating socks rather than soles.

The Kies insoles are just like shoe inserts with a short'ish wire and connector that easily sits up the back of the boot and out and connects to the leads fed inside my leggings. They work extremely well as I have them, like the inner gloves, on a 3 heat controller. Had mine since my Street Triple days and that went 5yrs ago for the Tiger so no quality issues. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics