Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Time for new tyres  (Read 1954 times)

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Time for new tyres
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 12:21:13 AM »
I've been happy with Bridgestone T3 Evos, then because I had a 70 mile round trip commute on mainly motorway and dual carriageway decided to try a deeper tread for more longevity and put on Bridgestone A41s, which I've also been happy with.
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 04:51:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
TBH all the major brands are good, compared to what we had to ride on in the 70s when powerful mass produced bikes became easily available, they're amazing.
They all stuck to the road superbly wet or dry and gave great feedback.
In summary: you can't go wrong these days
Strewth -- re "days gone by": S.M.B. Hailwood commenting on his '78 Ducati's Dunlop (race) tires, ...those wet tyres were far better than the dry tyres he had when he last raced.
The peg keeps getting moved forward.  :169:
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline Uczbpha

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XRX
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 09:57:53 PM »
I swapped out my Anakee Adventures as the constant road noise / howling got unbearable. I now have PR5s fitted which are a lot quieter and a nice smooth ride.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 10:15:51 AM »
I put some Dunlop Trailmax Meridian on the Super Tenere. They are a great road tire and the tread pattern looks enough to deal with my needs. I don't off road but do ride some dodgy stuff. Should get decent mileage aswell.  The rear was a Trailmax 6000mls front Avon Roadrider 8500mls. Have read all about the Missions and great tire but for 90% of the time the Meridian will be a better tire for most people.

Offline The Albatross

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 07:51:51 PM »
I have Anakee Adventures on my Tiger Roadie and just love them. No annoying noise now after 1000kms although they hummed when cornering at first. They are quieter than the preceding TKC70s were. I have as much confidence in the Anakee Adventure wet and dry as I do with Road 5s fitted to my BMW R Nine T. Definitely better than the Tourance Next.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch