Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Symmetric Racks  (Read 218 times)

Offline thristov

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XC 800 2011
Symmetric Racks
« on: September 16, 2020, 09:36:36 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to find symmetrical racks (that fit two identical side cases) for my Triumph Tiger 800 XC 2011. I already looked into the forum, but with no luck. Does somebody have any recommendations?

Cheers

Offline Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
Re: Symmetric Racks
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 10:06:05 PM »
I had a set of universal racks on my XCX and didnt like the way they were offset. I got about 4cm cut out of the RHS and used the bits to space out the LHS. I was going to cut and insert them but ended up just having them as spacers - temporarily, which became permanent. The front supports to the rear foot pegs also had to be cut off and reattached at a different angle ( I hadnt yet done that in these photos). To do this the racks mounts really need to be right angles to the bike.

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 08:28:10 AM »
Have a look at Heavy Duties  - https://heavyduties.ro/panniers/

Not sure about the Tiger but they seen to build symmetrical racks for most bikes
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline thristov

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XC 800 2011
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 08:33:20 AM »
Yes, I was looking at exactly them. A friend of mine with Yamaha 660 has these and I personally checked they are amazing, however, the panniers are not exactly the same, one side is chopped off for the exhaust pipe. But if I don`t find what exactly I am looking for I will probably go with them.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 08:39:53 AM »
Metal Mule used to do symmetrical racks. For use with Scorpion exhaust from memory.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Recent Topics