Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ASV C5 Levers  (Read 181 times)

Offline Bear67

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
ASV C5 Levers
« on: September 29, 2020, 09:25:42 PM »
Hi All,

My first post....
I've read mixed discussions on here about the ASV C5 levers and them being hit and miss when the clutch doesn't activate the fuel switch, affecting the gauge reading, but some saying they were fine, but they seem to be all from 2013.
I know there are various models as one thread said the specified ones were no good, but rather one's designated for another Triumph model, but they couldn't recall which (boo)
I have a 2018 800 XRT with the TFT screen and wondered if anyone has successfully fitted these without issue and if so, which particular part numbers of the C5 range?
Appreciate any wisdom shared.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: ASV C5 Levers
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 09:57:59 AM »
Your post on what you have read and found sounds like you haven't clearly understood the issue.
In essence the pre 2015 Gen 2 bikes had no cruise control and the clutch lever was 'standard'.
2015 Gen 2 bikes (and gen 3 I would expect) with cruise control have an extra nub on the lever to operate a microswitch which interacts with the cruise control circuit.
The normal issue, particularly in the very early days, was Gen 2 owners not being aware of this and buying standard levers. Without the additional microswitch nub this causes issues not only for the cruise control not working but strangely other different systems quirks like loss of fuel gauge.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Bear67

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Re: ASV C5 Levers
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 10:26:41 AM »
You are correct Stevie, hence the question and I appreciate your knowledge in clarifying the difference.
The confusion was from the later threads, that what I assume was gen 2 were having the issue you mention and had seemingly bought the levers without the nub, so it was more a case of had ASV defined the correct levers that accounted for that now and had anyone the exact part number, rather than getting the 'yeah should be fine mate' speech from a supplier and discovering that wasn't the case.

Recent Topics