Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TigerTool Help - Access to a Tiger 900 needed  (Read 602 times)

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
TigerTool Help - Access to a Tiger 900 needed
« on: October 03, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
I'm fixing a couple of known bugs / issues in TigerTool V3.0, but for one of them I need access to a Tiger 900.

The first bug also existed in V2.5 but I didn't realise what it it was until I noticed that Triumph have changed where in the ECU's memory they store the tune reference number. I have this one sorted now.

The second bug is that TigerTool can't read the DTCs from the ECU on the 900s because it appears that Triumph may have changed the location for that too.

Ideally I need to get access to a local (Devon) Tiger 900 for maybe an hour with my laptop to figure this out. Any Tiger 900 owners around these parts got an hour free?

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Re: TigerTool Help - Access to a Tiger 900 needed
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 11:28:23 AM »
Hi Rich,

In addition to my PM, here are the screen dumps (couldn't do this using PM as 'Upload Images' icon not present).

Regards

Neil

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 11:33:31 AM »
Thanks for the images.  :028:

For anyone else looking, you'll notice that the tune number now reads correctly and 'Tune2' has been replaced with 'Cal / Build' to more accurately describe the data.

Once the 900's DTC bug has been fixed I'll issue a proper updated version instead of the development version that's shown.

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 11:40:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
I'm fixing a couple of known bugs / issues in TigerTool V3.0, but for one of them I need access to a Tiger 900.

The first bug also existed in V2.5 but I didn't realise what it it was until I noticed that Triumph have changed where in the ECU's memory they store the tune reference number. I have this one sorted now.

The second bug is that TigerTool can't read the DTCs from the ECU on the 900s because it appears that Triumph may have changed the location for that too.

Ideally I need to get access to a local (Devon) Tiger 900 for maybe an hour with my laptop to figure this out. Any Tiger 900 owners around these parts got an hour free?

Just bumping this one up as I'm still looking for access to a 900 to fix the DTC reading bug.

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 05:53:26 PM »
I feel for you Tiger800XC..........come on guys and gals........ let's try and help somebody who has spent a lot of time helping us. I would gladly loan my bike if it were a 900.

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »
how about taking a 900 from a local dealer for a "test ride"?

come on forum peeps - he's put in hours on our behalf - help!
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 06:13:47 AM »
I think that this request may be better observed in the 'General' topic section.......there just doesn't seem to be the footfall here

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 06:43:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Thripster [+]
I think that this request may be better observed in the 'General' topic section.......there just doesn't seem to be the footfall here

Might be worth a shot, but the problem with that is clutter with posts in the wrong places.

I guess it depends how people have things setup. My forum links are set to 'unread' and 'recent'. That way I catch all new posts across all sections.

i.e.
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php?action=unread

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php?action=recent

Recent Topics

winded-staunch