Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Misfire on newish bike - balance carbs first or check ignition coil assembly?  (Read 637 times)

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
I would say mine behaves the same....started to get worse from about 400 miles onwards.
Also the cold start idle RPM is lower than I would expect at ~1000RPM and a tad lumpy.

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Thanks Boldie - that is either good news or bad news.  It represents either (a) it is a standard characteristic of the bike or (b) as I suspect, is something to do with (i) air leak between throttle bodies mating surfaces and head (Carl Rosner in Croydon are an expert at this) or (ii) failing coil pack. Both conclusions shown in (b) have been derived by me looking through a few threads here or elsewhere. I took the bike out again yesterday and there is a definite issue. Phoned Pure Triumph last week to book annual service - closest they could do with Covid and everything is 27th October - so will have to wait.

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
Today I fitted an Arrow slip on can and ran the 12 minute ECU tune, the idle speed after start up runs up to ~1400RPM and slowly drops back down as it used to, the idle is also smoother and more stable.
Obviously I've also done an exhaust change which adds an extra variable but might still be worth running the 12 minute tune and seeing if things improve.

My bike also used to hunt a little at light throttle in road mode at 30-40 MPH (OK in sport though), seems to be fine again now  :028:

Offline Thripster

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Thanks Boldie, have previously tried the 12 minute tune......but will have another go.

ATB

Recent Topics

winded-staunch