Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stator Connector to the R/R  (Read 191 times)

Offline Zaphod

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC, Fazer 600
Stator Connector to the R/R
« on: October 06, 2020, 05:14:49 PM »
More electrical woes! Does anyone know where I can get a replacement connector for the AC side of the R/R? One of my leads has corroded and died, the stator itself is OK (AFAIK), so don't really want to replace the whole thing if I can just connect a new plug on the wires!

Alternatively, anyone got a stator on the shelf? Alive or dead doesn't matter, as long as the plug and 6 inches or so of cable is good.

Offline ped

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800
Re: Stator Connector to the R/R
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 05:48:18 PM »
you can buy a triumph link lead think they are about 16 they are to upgrade the old r/r on street triples to the later mosfet r/r because they were failing just cut the connector of one of those.

Offline Zaphod

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC, Fazer 600
Re: Stator Connector to the R/R
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 09:22:16 PM »
Thanks for that ped, a good shout.

Unfortunately I have discovered there is also corrosion in one of the DC leads (inside the connector and affecting the spade in the R/R), so I need to address that as well. They vanish into a big bundle of other wires very quickly, leaving only an inch or less to work with to connect to a new connector - and as anybody who has delved around in there knows, there's feck all room to do anything.

Considering other options....

Recent Topics