Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rutland TT route  (Read 267 times)

Offline EddieCalimocho

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Rutland TT route
« on: October 07, 2020, 11:00:40 AM »
Morning all,

I have Rutland TT route planned for this weekend, but just wondering if anyone else on here had completed and what their feedback was?

Perhaps any opinions on whether clockwise or anticlockwise was favoured and why?

My start/finish point will be Stamford and currently planning on doing it anticlockwise

TIA
Ed

Offline peasy

• Tiger Member
Re: Rutland TT route
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 08:21:21 PM »
Enjoy it Ed, my preferred is anti clockwise, probably as its straight into the twisty stuff from the front door and if I want to cut short its easily done.
There are some 50 limits now near Melton Mowbray and from Tilton to Market Harborough.
On good weather days there a a photographer somewhere along the route, I think on Facebook its Rutland TT Photographer.....dont get him confused for the boys in blue.
Depending upon your actual planned route if anti clockwise, from market harborough take the road to Uppingham rather than across to Corby.

Offline EddieCalimocho

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 09:15:39 PM »
Thanks peasy!

Yes I'm leaning towards anticlockwise, will arrive from Norfolk and fuel up at Stamford Morrisons and then go straight up from there. Possible coffee stop at Melton (for the oldies to stretch their legs n pee!) Any suggestions other than McDonald's appreciated! Will also stop for obligatory photo opp at The Viaduct.
Such a shame about the bloody 50s, think I hit them on  B676 when going the The Peaks a few weeks back, average cams in some places too.
In terms of route, think the TT does go up from MH to Uppingham but then back down to Caldecott
As per link;
https://goo.gl/maps/YFvRYCkrqkxTkxJ29

Thanks for responding 👍

Offline peasy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 07:46:26 PM »
Between colsterworth and Melton Mowbray, a short diversion to Wymondham will take you to the windmill cafe.... https://www.wymondhamwindmill.co.uk/

Enjoy the route!

Offline EddieCalimocho

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 08:28:34 PM »
Cheers mate!

Actually stopped in Wymondham when needing lunch on way to The Peaks....The Berkeley Arms, was a lovely spot.

The Mill may be a bit early for a coffee on this run, but definitely in the options

Recent Topics