Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Throttle adjustment  (Read 772 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Alan215

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
  • Bike: Triumph tiger
  • Location: Cornwall
Throttle adjustment
« on: October 12, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »
Hello can the play in the throttle b adjusted from by the throttle grip itself as in the manual it says take the seat off tank off then adjust the ends of the cable there
Thanks

Offline KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8770
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 12:28:42 PM »
Depends on the amount of slop. Only a small amount then several cm from the twist grip is a barrel adjuster in a rubber cover. Slide rubber cover off and adjust as required. If there's a lot of adjustment required then seat/tank/airbox off is the better option.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline chico

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 1228
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
  • Location: Suffern, NY, US
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 05:25:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Depends on the amount of slop. Only a small amount then several cm from the twist grip is a barrel adjuster in a rubber cover. Slide rubber cover off and adjust as required. If there's a lot of adjustment required then seat/tank/airbox off is the better option.

Wouldn't it depend on the vintage of the bike? The OP doesn't state the model year of his bike.

Chico

Offline Stevie.P

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 3613
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
  • Location: Plymouth, UK
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 05:56:16 PM »
A look at his previous posts indicate a 'gen 1' 2014 so cable throttle I believe.  :084:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!


Offline chico

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 1228
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
  • Location: Suffern, NY, US
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 07:58:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
A look at his previous posts indicate a 'gen 1' 2014 so cable throttle I believe.  :084:

In that case KildareMan is correct. :028: Throttle grip slop can be adjusted at the upper cables.

Chico

Offline Alan215

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
  • Bike: Triumph tiger
  • Location: Cornwall
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 08:09:39 PM »
Great thanks Ill look tomorrow its not a lot but bit to much for my liking

Offline KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8770
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 09:49:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
Wouldn't it depend on the vintage of the bike? The OP doesn't state the model year of his bike.

Chico

Good point.  If it's a ride by wire system then the slop can be taken out with aftermarket rings you put around the throttle stop in the twist grip. Same can be achieved with a small o-ring or tie wrap.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Alan215

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
  • Bike: Triumph tiger
  • Location: Cornwall
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 01:37:21 PM »
Ok on looking there is no bolts/thread adjustment throttle grip end so do I need to take the throttle grip off and do it from inside
Thanks again

Offline KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8770
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 03:32:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Alan215 [+]
Ok on looking there is no bolts/thread adjustment throttle grip end so do I need to take the throttle grip off and do it from inside
Thanks again

Barrel adjuster is several inches down the cable from the twist grip, not at the twist grip.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Alan215

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
  • Bike: Triumph tiger
  • Location: Cornwall
Re: Throttle adjustment
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 07:59:08 PM »
Ok great Ill have a look tomorrow

 


Recent Topics


winded-staunch