Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tiger 900 GT Pro U.S. Recal  (Read 328 times)

Offline 1tiger4me

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
tiger 900 GT Pro U.S. Recal
« on: October 13, 2020, 09:00:59 PM »

I received a safety recall last month on my Tiger 900. It was something to do with the tail-number/license plate side reflectors not glued on right. The dealer said they would have to order parts but on mine they were well attached and not worth the hassle to go to the dealer. In the same conversation he mentioned a service bulletin on the 30 AMP fuse and corrosion. Not wanting to go to the dealer I looked for it myself. I eventually found the 30 amp fuse under the battery like the 800 has relative to the starter solenoid.  It was completely dry and not corroded but no dielectric grease either. I put some on the fuse and terminals so as to avoid any corrosion issues in the future.

If I used this bike for commuting and get caught in the rain I could see where water could penetrate under the seat and down the side of the battery box (battery cover under laps not over laps) to the bottom where there is no drain to the let excess water out.  I think the 800 are like this as well from U-tube videos which also seem to have issues with the contacts in this area. A simple hole would drain but would also allow spray from the swinging arm area to push up into the box so a tube drain say on the left side would let water out (when on the side stand)  and restrict any back flow.

Have any of the 800 members had corrosion issues in this area or noticed water in the bottom? Has it been an issue for you?

Thanks

Offline 93TigerBill

• Tiger Member
Re: tiger 900 GT Pro U.S. Recal
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 09:43:54 PM »
2012 XC - had an issue with water (from rain) and dust/dirt (from missing inner rear guard) both penetrating below battery.
Drilled a small hole in lowest point, and dropped in a small cable tie, to 'rattle around' and stop build-up/blockage. Works a treat, especially after fitting correct and more extensive inner mudguard.
Still a bugger of a spot for fuses 'though.
 :418:
'93 Tiger 885; '12 Tiger 800XC
IBA #45911; FarRider #89

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
Re: tiger 900 GT Pro U.S. Recal
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 09:07:42 AM »
This recall has already been discueed here under recall SRAN 582:

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,28458.msg308553.html#msg308553

Please don't mix two different things (a recall and service bulletin) in the same thread !  :028:

:031:
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Recent Topics