Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Can other boxes fit rear top box plate? And how hot does exhaust get on bags?  (Read 231 times)

Offline Crunchbytes

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC 14
Hi All,

Numpty question time: My 2014 XC has an original Triumph carrier and top box.  If I wanted a larger (internal capacity), less rugged top box, are there any others that fit the same mount? (with option of a backrest to keep SWMBO comfortable and happy  :016: )

And... I don't have side pannier racks and have been thinking about options for chuck-over saddle bags - but worried that they'll melt on the exhaust.  Worrying unduly?  Or is there either a type of bag or other fix that would work?

The saddle bags would be for the very odd occasion I'd need the extra storage - maybe a few times/year, so looking for the easy to attach/remove option rather than permanent.

Cheers all! R

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
methinks you would need to use racks to seperate any throw-over soft luggage from the exhaust

I use the Givi racks, the outer frames of which are easily removed when not in use - ATG soft luggage
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
*Originally Posted by Crunchbytes [+]
My 2014 XC has an original Triumph carrier and top box.  If I wanted a larger (internal capacity), less rugged top box, are there any others that fit the same mount? (with option of a backrest to keep SWMBO comfortable and happy  :016: )

Which luggage range is the topbox  ... Triumph Explorer (plastic) or Triumph Expedition (aluminium)?
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
*Originally Posted by Q [+]
methinks you would need to use racks to seperate any throw-over soft luggage from the exhaust

I use the Givi racks, the outer frames of which are easily removed when not in use - ATG soft luggage

Unless you have such system as the mosko mule, it's very sturdy and they give you a heat chield,
that comes in between the exhaust and the mosko.

Offline Crunchbytes

• Tiger Cub
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Which luggage range is the topbox  ... Triumph Explorer (plastic) or Triumph Expedition (aluminium)?

It's black plastic with aluminium inserts - not 100% aluminium.  So guessing Triump Explorer?

Offline Crunchbytes

• Tiger Cub
Thanks for heads-up re: side racks/frames and the Mosko Mule bags - will investigate both.  Like the idea that the side-racks come off easily.  Also like the idea of bags with built in heat shield.

Thanks all!  Very useful.
 :002:

Recent Topics