Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 spot lights ?  (Read 1280 times)

Offline 9w6vx

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR 2018
Re: Tiger 800 spot lights ?
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 04:04:52 AM »
Very nice.

Could you share some pictures of the auxiliary light and link if possible.

Thanks

:300: :300: :493:

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 03:35:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by ENGLISHBANDIT [+]
I am wanting to buy some spot lights for the tiger I have bought , but I am not spending Over 300 for Triumph ones thats just a joke on price. I also dont want to buy rubbish that are weak and stop working after a month. And I know you get what you pay for but there must still be some good sets at a lot less money than Triumph are charging .Has anyone bought some cheaper ones that they can recommend. Thanks

These are very good... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223541470700

I have a set of these (for adaptive / cornering light tests) and they look like copies of the BMW fog lights and have quite a flat beam (similar to the latest Triumph LED lights). They're solid, quite heavy and built to last. With the right driver they can be dimmed or just switched on/off as required. Unlike a lot of the poor quality very cheap fog lights you can buy, these don't have the multiple (annoying) flashing modes.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline farmer tim

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCX Blue
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 07:03:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by 9w6vx [+]
Very nice.

Could you share some pictures of the auxiliary light and link if possible.

Just type in 2x 27 watt led truck light from a seller  called babylifeseller.  Live wire taken from the multi socket under the rear seat and switched through a relay  just in case. I have put a switch under the riders seat in the plastic panel but if I was doing it again I would put a switch on the handlebar. The fog light / driving light switch on the switch cube was no good because it turns on and off with high and low beam. These little blighters are on all the time.  :017:
So far the day is good. Just waiting for that someone to come along!

Offline 9w6vx

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 03:05:42 AM »
farmer tim,

Thanks.

:300:

Offline 9w6vx

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 03:18:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
These are very good... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223541470700

I have a set of these (for adaptive / cornering light tests) and they look like copies of the BMW fog lights and have quite a flat beam (similar to the latest Triumph LED lights). They're solid, quite heavy and built to last. With the right driver they can be dimmed or just switched on/off as required. Unlike a lot of the poor quality very cheap fog lights you can buy, these don't have the multiple (annoying) flashing modes.

T800XC,
I have these on my Tiger but have been rather disappointed. One light has condensation on the lens which is annoying and the range of the beam throw is very short.

It is solidly built though and has a wide throw. It does fill in the dark space just in front of the Tiger where the headlamps beam doesn't cover and lights up the side too.
It claims 20w per light ........ no idea if that is true.

If one is looking for a spot beam, then this is not the light.

Cheers
 :300: :417:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch