Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Turn by Turn Sat Nav  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Rally
Tiger 900 Turn by Turn Sat Nav
« on: October 19, 2020, 02:58:20 PM »
Finally got round to using the triumph app sat nav on my rally pro. Was quite impressed with it, and it updates if you dont follow it to the turn as well. I was wondering if anyone had got round to trying to use any different software, maps etc to do a more detailed route, which makes it a little easier to use. But overall, quite impressed. I do have a garmin sat nav fitted using the evo tech bracket as well.

Offline Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
Re: Tiger 900 Turn by Turn Sat Nav
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 07:54:15 PM »
I plan to try and connect it all up tomorrow on my Rally Pro.

I also have a Tom Tom on the EvoTech mount.

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 11:11:03 AM »
Hopefully will try and set this up over next few weeks, Any issues to be aware of?
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 11:41:01 AM »
You just have to make sure that the app is blue toothed, and the sat nav part of it is also enabled, blue tooth wise , to the bike. Then you should be good to go

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 04:47:37 PM »
Did they ever release this update for the Tiger 800?

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 07:42:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sixer58 [+]
Finally got round to using the triumph app sat nav on my rally pro. Was quite impressed with it, and it updates if you dont follow it to the turn as well. I was wondering if anyone had got round to trying to use any different software, maps etc to do a more detailed route, which makes it a little easier to use. But overall, quite impressed. I do have a garmin sat nav fitted using the evo tech bracket as well.
Hi Sixer,
I havent really had much success with connecting my phone to the bike. I tried when I first collected it back in May but couldnt seem to get any sound through my Bluetooth headset. Was wondering if you could give me a step by step guide to connecting the phone/ headset please. BTW the phone is a iPhone XR and the headset is a Sena unit intergrated in a Schubert. Im also using a TomTom on the Evotech bracket. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Colin
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 08:27:26 AM »
Hi Colin, I use an iphone 8 plus, so you shouldnt have any trouble with your phone connecting. Firstly, you have to connect your phone to the bike using bluetooth. Make sure your phones name is no more than 20 characters long, otherwise it wont connect. When it has connected, you then have to connect the app, using the enable function for the navigation. I also put my bike information into the app, ie the VIN number, and it has worked seamlessly since, picking up the mileage, fuel consumption, and service mileage. I dont use my Sena 20s EVO for instruction, so i cant help you with that im afraid. If you completely disconnect on your phone and use the forget this device on your phone, and completely start again, it should work. Best of luck :002:

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 08:48:09 PM »
Hi Sixer, thanks for the info, thats much the same as the method I had used. So, I deleted the app of the phone and reinstalled it. Phone now connects fine but still cant connect the navigation part. Just found out on another forum that the app is not compatible with Ios14 which is what is on my phone. Hopefully, Triumph will update the app at some point!
Thanks
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 09:09:25 PM »
Hi Colin, I run my iPhone on IOS14, so that info on the other forum is incorrect. Try again, it took me a few times. Just remember to use the enable button on the navigation part of the app. It is in the settings part of the app

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:47 PM »
Colin, go onto the app, settings, pairing instructions. You will have to press the home button on your bike first, then press enable on the app, and you should connect the navigation

Recent Topics

winded-staunch