Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Turn by Turn Sat Nav  (Read 1974 times)

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Re: Tiger 900 Turn by Turn Sat Nav
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 07:57:13 AM »
Ok Thanks. I've tried that method several times without success but I'll give it another go at some point today. thanks for your help.
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 03:28:34 PM »
i'm hoping to do a test ride on Tuesday, if they let me I will try to pair my iphone Xs with it and see if it gives me any trouble.  For another data point.

Offline SAC841

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Rally
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 04:45:26 PM »
Hi, when I collected my Rally Pro in June when I got home I had a right faff but here is the email I sent the dealer to help others, might be of some use to someone :)

Now just a few bits of feedback that might help others with the new dashboard, bluetooth, the MyTriumph app and helmet comms.  After trawling the internet and reading the Triumph online manual that doesnt come with the bike, here are my top tips that worked for me.

IOS - Apple devices.  They are effectively paired twice. They MUST be paired via iPhone/settings/bluetooth to the bike first without the My Triumph app being open at all.  Once that is done then you need to enable your navigation in the MyTriumph app, this is the second pairing.  Follow the directions as shown in the MyTriumph app to the letter or data will not transfer correctly.

Then only after pairing the phone first:

HELMETS - MUST only be paired to the bike and not to the phone as well.  The bike is the bluetooth hub for everything.  You can even just pair two helmets only to the bike, rider and pillion, and then turn it into an intercom via the bike, they do not need to be directly connected to each other.  So unpair any helmets from the phone in iPhone/settings/bluetooth by forgetting this device.  Then with the helmet comms unit - delete any existing pairings from your helmet comms settings, restore to factory original settings, update the firmware and then connect the helmet comms unit direct to the bike ONLY choosing rider or pillion as appropriate.

Then you can play music directly from your phone and control it in the music and volume trays. You then also have sound during navigation with the native voice of the phone.  The units must be paired in the right order or it just gets confused, they seem connected but you have no sound output or data transfer.  A bit of a faff, but got there in the end and that is with nearly new SENA comms in both my helmets.

Hopefully that might help someone else.

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Rally
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 05:04:05 PM »
Ill try my intercom this weekend. It is a bit of a faff, but as you say, worth it for the multiple things it will do at once.

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 05:01:23 PM »
Thanks for the hints and tips and I'm following the instructions to the letter with my iphone XR but after multiple attempts I've given up with it. I also have a company Samsung phone that paired within seconds so I don't believe its me.

I think it must be either this particular phone or an issue with that and/or IOS14. I'm leaning more to the IOS14 being the issue because there are similar issues with it and the way the TomTom functions. Apple say that TT need to update their software so maybe it's a similar issue with the Triumph app.
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline Colinhitch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 09:03:16 PM »

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2020, 11:44:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by Colinhitch [+]
Thanks for the input but Ive read that several times, but still cant get my iPhone to connect as it should. My works Samsung connects perfectly so I still believe the issue is either the phone or IOS 14.
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline Colinhitch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 12:07:12 PM »
Im on 14.2 and is OK, using the new SE, so maybe it is your phone?

Offline Rgh999

• Tiger Member
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2020, 05:07:41 PM »
Im on 14.2 with xs max. Phone connects ok and navigation works. Can get last nos dialled but address book wont load. Very strange.

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2020, 06:48:19 PM »
Thanks  to every ones input all working as it should now!

Nowt wrong with phone or OS! All to do with the operator :430: :138:

Cheers :028:

Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Recent Topics