Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Top Dealership UK  (Read 566 times)

Offline Adey Bee

• Tiger Master
  • Must change that Avatar, new one is white
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Top Dealership UK
« on: October 20, 2020, 01:14:48 AM »
I just want to say well done to all involved at my local Triumph dealership in winning the MCN best dealership in the UK award.
Bandit 1250, Tiger 800 XC, Tiger 800 XCA, Tiger 800XRT

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: FZ1N, XJR1300
Re: Top Dealership UK
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 10:51:47 AM »
Sadly I have had a really bad experience with them last year, and would never use them again.
I bought a used bike that was not checked before taking delivery. When I looked at the bike in the shop the clutch was way to hard to pull in. They said it had just come in that day and it would be fully gone though and test ridden before delivery. Ok that's normal so bought the bike.
Took delivery of the bike a week later, clutch still to hard to pull in, in my opinion. Anyway long story short did not get 3 miles down the road and could not change gear, clutch plate all stuck. Had to get bike home in second gear all the way, could not change up or down so that was fun. The bike was NOT checked over or the lever / clutch fault would have been spotted.
Bike had to go back twice in the first week.
Then they wanted me to wait another month before they could fit the bike in to be fixed for the second fault, even though I had just bought it from them REALLY. Never called back when they said they would In the end after a lot of shouting they had to give me my money back and come pick it up as they would not fix one of the faults. Buying the bike was good. But the after sales service was a joke. Things happen that's life, but its how we fix them that counts and they really were not that bothered. Sadly that's just my experience with them. My review is on there site of what happened.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 10:55:34 AM by ENGLISHBANDIT »
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Offline 1284rider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800XRT
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 11:34:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by ENGLISHBANDIT [+]
Buying the bike was good. But the after sales service was a joke.

I have no experience of this particular dealership, but that phrase above is my experience of just about anything to do with major purchases.  It doesn't matter if it's a motorbike, car, house, furniture, roof repairs or whatever.  When the money is in your account they say everything you want to hear and they can't do enough for you.  Sadly, it's all too often a completely different attitude as soon as the money is in their account.  Of course there are exceptions and some places will give genuinely great service.  I don't know too many of those though..?

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by 1284rider [+]
...... Sadly, it's all too often a completely different attitude as soon as the money is in their account.  Of course there are exceptions and some places will give genuinely great service.  I don't know too many of those though..?

In my experience the factor that makes the difference is developing a good relationship with the service staff. I know it shouldnt work like that and every customer should be entitled to the best service experience. However, years of dealing with people has taught me that its best to cultivate that good relationship.

I own a car, the bike and a caravan as well as my wife having a car, so I use service departments at least 4 times a year. As soon as I enter the Service Dept at any of these workshops I am immediately recognised and feel that I am afforded the best attention possible. As an example, there was a thread about the cost of servicing on here a couple of months ago and a guy who uses the same Triumph dealer was complaining how much hed been charged. When we compared what wed paid for exactly the same work, I had been charged considerably less than he had. When I took my bike in, I was able to have my usual bit of banter with the Service Advisor and, in my usual joking manner, I suggested that being a poor pensioner I needed something knocked off my bill. Theres always some flexibility in these things and sure enough I ended up paying somewhat less. I also managed to get a loan bike for the day even though they had told me that due to COVID they werent booking loan bikes at the time I booked my service.

It may be regarded as somewhat mercenary to do this, but it also creates a more friendly and enjoyable experience for both parties whenever I need to seek any after sales service from the dealership. Be friendly, dont blame the Service advisor if things go wrong (but be firm about getting it put right), weigh up if the advisor likes a bit of mutual p*ss taking (most guys do) and exploit it, use the advisors first name and tell him yours (Mr is too formal).

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 07:03:35 PM »
Fazer
Definitely, guys who work in dealerships are usually up for a bit of banter, with my dealership (Staffs Triumph) it's almost compulsory, it depends how you approach them and how you treat them, a bit of mutual respect and humour goes a long way  :028:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Kev.L

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800 xrt
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 07:56:43 PM »
My misfortune with them is the worst service & overall buying experience I've had from any dealer . I was call a liar by the salesman after i complained about his lack of help & honesty. My handover of my new bike consisted of it being pushed outside as the salesman just chatted away to another member of staff totally uninterested in me. Awful experience

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kev.L [+]
My misfortune with them is the worst service & overall buying experience I've had from any dealer . I was call a liar by the salesman after i complained about his lack of help & honesty. My handover of my new bike consisted of it being pushed outside as the salesman just chatted away to another member of staff totally uninterested in me. Awful experience

That does sound bad. Hardly gives you the chance to establish any kind of relationship with After-Sales Team. My only contact with them was last year when I was looking to buy the 2019 XRt that I currently have. Although I live on Tyneside, my daughter lives near Nottingham so on a visit to her house I went to get a price for trading in my 2015 Explorer against a new 800 XRt. To be fair the salesman couldn't have been nicer and even took their brand new, 0 miles, demo bike to his home to put 100 miles on it before my test ride. However, their deal was way over the top compared with what my local dealership on Tyneside was offering. Sounds like I might have had a lucky escape!

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 08:34:48 PM »
My experience with dealers is that the 'official' ones where I live, Tamworth Yamaha (family run and really know their stuff) and Honda/Triumph (Sutton Motorcycles) have always been exceptional, especially the latter. I have cultivated a relationship with them though due to repeated visits.

Places like CMC and Streetbike on the other hand, they are like the Curry's of the motorcycle industry. They literally just want your money and their knowledge and after care is poor. When I bought my Tiger 800 from Streetbike there was a scratch on the petrol tank that I hadn't noticed prior to paying for it. I mentioned I wasn't happy about that and the sales man said just rub some Autosol polish into it.   :110:

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: FZ1N, XJR1300
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 08:35:51 PM »
When I first went In the banter was good, I am in the trade so know how it works.
The sales man was really nice and a good lad.
But they did not go over the bike before I bought it, all they did was put a silly cover over it and pull it off when I went in to,pick,it up like it was some big reveal ? REALLY .
And once I had the bike, and the faults were clear and needed fixing they really did not give a toss.
I can honestly say in 40 years of buying bikes, I have never come across a shop that just did not care once they had your money.
 I could not believe they wanted me to wait a month to look at the bike.
You go there and its a really nice shop they walk the walk ,talk the talk but its just about getting the sale.
 The after sales service is a joke. And the 2 or 3 times I did pull up at the back there was a lot of staff doing very little and joking about.
In my opinion your reputation is everything. I am old school and my word is my word and I believe in treating people how I expect to be treated. It can take years to build up a good rep but weeks to destroy it. companies should remember that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:40:28 PM by ENGLISHBANDIT »
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Recent Topics

winded-staunch