Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Topbox unbalances my 900RP  (Read 1068 times)

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: Topbox unbalances my 900RP
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 03:36:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Aussie Tiger [+]
How is that worse than carrying a passenger?
A passenger, when acting as a co-rider, may actually offer some enhancement to rider control.
Still, in the Owner's Handbook, Triumph stipulate (Accessories and Loading) - in addition to the many warnings of potential hazards of carrying passengers - some specific warnings about accessory payloads.
"The presence of accessories and/or payload will cause changes in the stability and handling of the motorcycle."
"Failure to allow for changes in motorcycle stability may lead to loss of control or an accident."
Carrying of objects in excess of 5 kg in weight, that...extend beyond the rear...of the motorcycle may lead to loss of motorcycle control...

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:53:37 PM by AvgBear »
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Re: Topbox unbalances my 900RP
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »
Ive been looking for a set for my gt pro and I have to say I have not seen them that cheap. Possibly either a top or bottom but not a set. Either way, what Im trying to say is that if you purchase crash bars, then you would expect them to protect your tank with a simple drop.

Recent Topics