Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Renewal Nov'20  (Read 312 times)

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '18 XRt
Renewal Nov'20
« on: October 21, 2020, 04:29:33 PM »
As my renewal is 30 days away and I have had two incidents with my car this year I thought I'd try the compare sites for prices so as to be ready for when my renewal came in when declaring these to my insurer. Yesterday I tried one (can't remember which one) and the top two were MCE 354 and Carole Nash 426, I paid 196 last November with Lexham Insurance, the today I tried MCN Compare and the same two came out top MCE 254.09 and Carole Nash 376.11.

I had just finished this and my renewal from Lexham Insurance came into my Inbox!!!! To my surprise the price was 143.52, without knowledge of my two incidents, so I phone them and said that I had had two incidents to declare. The young lady took all the info of these incidents and went away to sort it out, was quite a while and I was getting quite concerned. When she came back she said that there was a REDUCTION in my renewal too 131.20!!!!!

I think explaining to someone directly as against just clicking on a website regarding incidents may have helped.

The first one in January involved me backing my car into my garage (as I have done for the last 12 years) my wife had gone indoors to raise the door with the fob and I checked with door mirrors and see the door raise, as I thought, and started reversing, what I wasn't aware of was the door gear had malfunctioned and stopped at rear windscreen height, not visible in the door mirrors. It was a horrendously wet and extremely high windy night, whether that caught the door and caused it to stop?

The second one, in September, involved a car coming in the opposite direction and a Kayak (believe it or not) that was supposed to be secured to its roof bars sliding off and straight into the front of our car hitting the 'bumper' and causing the rear of the bonnet to pop up making the car undrivable. It hit the front and shot back up the road, luckily it went straight into a driveway as there were two bikes not far behind the car and it would have been a different story. Dashcam supported.

Sorry to go round the houses, just thought it would throw some light on the overall experience, maybe insurers do listen, who knows, anyway I have checked and made sure I haven't omitted any info so I've taken the renewal!!!!!!

From '61>present - '57 BSA C12, RE C/Sports, '59 Tiger 110, '61 T120R, '57 BMW R50, '76 GT185, '69 T120, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, '05 Sprint1050 & '08 Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, SprintGT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & '12 Bonne, '15 XRx,'18 XRt

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Renewal Nov'20
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 05:25:14 PM »
When I informed Bennetts (2.5yrs ago) that my car had been involved in a (still in process) claim (stationary at red light and idiot didn't brake and slammed in the rear) they informed me as it was against my car policy it had no effect on my bike policy. However when I mentioned it at next renewal while paying over the phone the woman got shirty saying although I may have informed them at the time that was irrelevant and I had to inform them at renewal time period as the renewal quote would change as the premium would be affected. As I couldn't recall the exact date of the incident I had to hang up. Dug out the details and rung back and got a very helpful young guy who noted that the incident was on file from originally informing them and that the accident was irrelevant. Bonus was he went through my details and normally accidents are relevant with most insurers for 5yrs but when I mentioned my declared previous Street Triple claim he said it was over 3yrs (4+) so could come off and actually reduced my renewal premium.  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
Re: Renewal Nov'20
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 10:01:55 AM »
Its a game with all insurance companies, all the sales teams need to meet monthly targets or no bonus, so they move the goal posts to get your business.
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Recent Topics