Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headlight Protectors  (Read 821 times)

Offline Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
Re: Headlight Protectors
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 08:04:48 PM »
I had one on my 800 for years without any problems. Securely attached and quick release for cleaning behind - no suckers (except the people who buy cheaparse ones haha).
After a long wait I got the Triumph protector for my Rally Pro. Compared to the one I had on my 800 it was far more difficult to fit (had to remove the beak which is fiddly anyway but extra fiddly  with the tank protection bars fitted) and only has 3 mount points stead of 4. That said, its a very worthwhile investment.

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 02:38:19 PM »
I have a proper Triumph one fitted . Can get mucky behind it , bit of a faff to clean.
On the way into work this morning had a stone kicked up and hit it , was glad I had it fitted .

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »
Guys I do understand about buying the original ones or paying extra for a little more quality. In my eyes, Ive bean riding for many years and Ive been fortunate enough not to have suffered from headlight damage. This is why I purchased the cheaper ones. I agree that the clear Velcro is nor as clear as one would like, but Im fairly certain that the flexiglass is sufficient for withstanding stone damage. Now I have read that fixing the triumph ones can involve removing the beak if upper crash bars are fitted. I have fitted upper crash bars and I can confirm that the ones I bought were a right pickle and would need to be removed to gain access to the rear bolts for the beak. No chance of me doing that in a hurry

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 03:52:51 PM »
Genuine triumph screen you only need access to the screw heads around the light unit. Couldn't be more simple .

Recent Topics